Essence I Love Smokey Jumbo Eye Pencil Review+Swatches




 Essence's I Love Smokey Jumbo Eye Pencil is a "deep black, matte jumbo pencil" that "conjures up the popular, intense smokey eye look in a flash. Thanks to the pen like shapes, its ideal for girls who are always on the go!" This jumbo kohl crayon contains 2.10 grams (.07oz) and sells for about $3. This eyeliner seems to be discontinued in America, but is still available in Essence' international markets. Essence is cruelty free. This pencil was made in Italy.

 Essence I Love Smokey crayon is a simple wooden pencil with a black coating and plastic cap. The Essence logo, product name, and a few claims are printed on the pencil in pink lettering. This crayon is barely 'jumbo' in my opinion, its about half the length, but twice the circumference of your average eyeliner, making it one of those awkward in between sized pencils that requires a special sharpener. The I Love Smokey pencil sharpens smoothly.
 Essence I Love Smokey is a matte black kohl crayon. Color payoff is awesome, this pencil lays down a rich, deep black line. This jumbo crayon is exceptionally soft, it glides onto the eyelid and waterline with minimal effort. The I Love Smokey crayon is meant to be smudged and smoked out, and this kohl does blend out really well. However, it's blendability is it's downfall. This kohl crayon wears poorly, it smears, smudges, and creases, even if set with a powder. The rich black color quickly fades away to a sad charcoal shade. I Love Smoeky is easy to remove, though it occasionally stains my eyelids.
Essence I Love Smokey Jumbo Pencil has strong pros and cons. This pigmented black pencil is easy to work with...but wears away very quickly. I've never had this pencil last longer than three hours on me. While I can't recommend  this affordable jumbo kohl, I don't want to completely write it off - its like the little eyeliner that could. 


Ingredients:
Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Silica, C10-18 Triglycerides, Octyldodecanol, Myristyl Lactate, Carnauba (copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Candelilla (euphorbia Cerifera) Wax, Polyglyceryl-2 Oleate, Lauroyl Lysine, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea Butter), Tocopheryl Acetate, Mica, Talc, Sorbic Acid, Ci 77499 (iron Oxides), Ci 77510 (ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), Ci 77891 (titanium Dioxide).

Disclosure:
This product was gifted to me.

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...