Revlon Mischievous Colorburst Matte Balm Review+Swatches




 Revlon's ColorBurst Matte Balms feature "vibrant color infused with a triple butter complex" that'll "give you a bold, beautiful lips. It's a burst of matte color with a balm like feel. Go bold and get moisturized in 10 craveable, collectible shades". This post features Mischievous. Each ColorBurst Matte Balm contains 3.2 grams and cost about $9 each at drugstores and major retailers. Revlon is not cruelty free. This jumbo lip crayon was made in the USA.

 Revlon's ColorBurst Matte Balms come in matte, color matched crayon style tubes. The Revlon logo and product name are printed on the tube in silver letters. Product twists up, no sharpening required. The shade name and number can be found on a label on the bottom of the crayon.
 I like Revlon's Lacquer Balms and the regular Just Bitten Balms, so I expected to like the Matte Balms as well. In fact, I'm very rarely let down by jumbo lip crayons in general, regardless of the brand. I'm sorry to say that I don't really like Revlon's Matte Balms. This matte lip crayon applies smoothly, but color payoff is uneven. I need at least two layers to build up even, nearly opaque color. Mischievous doesn't feel dry on my lips, but it certainly looks i. Revlon's Matte Balms cling to dryness and exaggerate lip lines. I also get poor wear from Mischievous, it rarely lasts for longer than 90 minutes on me..and to be honest I'm not sure where it goes? It doesn't smear or transfer, it just kinda fades away (and unevenly, at that!). This lip crayon has a strong minty scent and flacor that causes it to tingle a lot upon application.
 Revlon's Mischievous is a light but bright orange that leans a little bit peachy. The finish is meant to be a velvet matte, but to me it looks a little powdery. I'm all about orange lips, so I love the color of Mischievous, but I find the finish, mixed with the way it sits on the lips, unflattering.
I'm let down by Revlon's Matte Balm in Mischievous. The color is awesome, but I find the formula lacking. Color payoff is only average. The texture is alright, but it looks dry. If you like minty lip products, Revlon Matte Balms are right up your alley. I'm of the opinion that there are many better jumbo lip crayon options - high end and drugstore, even within Revlon's own range. I've heard good stuff about these matte lip crayons, so maybe this shade is the problem. I'm not sure, but I'm not a fan. 


Ingredients:
Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Silica, Bis-Diglyceryl Palyacyladidpate-2, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Paraffin, Polyethylene, Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Lanosterol Esters, C10-30 Cholesterol, Synthetic Wax, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Octyldodecanol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Bht, Benzoic Acid, May Contain +, -: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI15850:1), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410)

Disclosure:
This product was gifted to me. 

Leave a Comment

  1. That colour is awesome though :P oh whales..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. stealing 'oh whales' for future use.

      Delete
  2. Would you describe this shade of orange as "mischievous"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...