Ulta Brand Makeup Setting Spray Review




 Ulta says their Makeup Setting Spray is the "the perfect solution to maximizing the long wear of your make up. Spritz under make up as a primer or over make up to keep that just-applied, fresh make up look all day. The spray minimizes melting, cracking and fading of make up throughout the day. The performance packed spray includes skin conditioning and moisturizing ingredients while maintinaing a fresh, matte finish." This setting spray contains 90ml/3 fl oz an sells for $10. Ulta Brand does not test on animals. This setting spray was made in the USA.


Ulta' Setting Spray has simple, functional packaging. It comes in an opaque white bottle topped with a spray bottle. The Ulta logo and product name are printed on the front in grey letters, a product description and ingredient list can be found on the back of the bottle. The spray pump lets out a fine, even mist. Packaging is recyclable.
Ulta's Makeup Setting Spray is pretty different from the other setting sprays I've tried. The formula is much more complex than the usual water and alcohol blend of your average finishing spray. Ulta's Makeup Setting Spray is loaded with botanical extracts. The formula is thicker and takes a little while to dry down, but the results are worth the wait. Ulta's setting spray reduces the appearance of powderiness. This setting spray provides a dewy, but not shiny finish. Upon application, this product feels quite cooling and moisturizing. I can't say that this finishing spray increases the longevity of my makeup, but a mid-day spritz certainly refreshes the look of it. My only complaint about Ulta's Makeup Setting Spray is how heavily fragranced it is - this product smells very similar to Bath&BodyWorks Sweet Pea, a scent I love but don't really want to spray all over my face. 

Ulta's Makeup Setting Spray is nice, and reasonably priced at that! This makeup setting spray gives my makeup a powder-free look. I don't believe it makes my makeup last longer, but it makes a great refreshing spray. Those with dry skin will probably adore this product. I haven't decided if I'll repurchase Ulta's Makeup Setting Spray, but I'll definitely get a lot of use from it. If you want a moisturizing, dewy finish setting spray, I do recommend Ulta's. 



Ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Propanediol, Phenoxyethanol, PEG 40, Hydrogenated Castor Oil. PPG 26 Buteth 26, Aloe, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexylgylcerin, Carageegnan, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Dog Rose Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Aetate, Alcohol, Broccoli Extract, Cucumber Extract, Olive Leaf Extract, Sweet Almond Oil, Rosemary Extract, Spinach Leaf Extract, Chlorophenesin Benzoic Acid, Citric Acid, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Benozate

Disclosure:
This product was gifted to me. 

Leave a Comment

  1. I definitely love my MAC Fix+ for getting rid of the powdery look, but it's not the best for setting. It seems as though I really should check out Ulta.. I don't know about the fragrance but fingers crossed. Thanks for the heads up!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't tried Fix+, but I wanna! I think Ulta has a tester available in store, so you can get a whiff before you buy,

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...