Pop Beauty Peony Petal Plump Pout Review




 Pop Beauty says their Plump Pout "combines the high-shine of a lacquered gloss with the long wear of a stain and is packed full of lip-plumping peptides and avocado & jojoba oils. Lightweight, creamy texture immediately merges with lips & delivers intense glossy colour for an extremely long-lasting finish!" These plumping glosses are available in four shades - my review is for Peony Petal. Each Plump Pout Lip Color sells for $16. I received this lip color in my February Ipsy Bag. I cannot find information on this brand's animal testing policy. This product was made in China.

 Pop Beauty's Plump Pouts come in clear, flat tubes with rubberized caps. The Pop logo is printed on the front of the tube in silver letters. These plumping glosses have elongated, flat doefoot applicators.
 I can't tell if Pop's Plump Pout is more of a gloss or liquid lipsticks - I guess its a hybrid. Pop Beauty's Plump Pouts have a smooth, creamy, slightly thick consistency. I've seen a lot of reviews mention tingling or burning upon application, but I've noticed neither. Actually, I don't notice any plumping either. To me, this lip product is comfortable and moisturizing. Peony Petal has excellent color payoff - its fully opaque in a single layer. This pigmented gloss doesn't have impressive wear, I get 60-90 minutes, though it leaves behind a nice stain that lasts an additional two hours. Pop Beauty's Plump Pout transfers onto anything and everything, and will travel outside the lip line if you're not careful. This lip color has a sweet but chemical scent and flavor.
 Peony Petal is a gorgeous color. Pop Beauty describes it has a "Pink Rose" which is apt. Peony Petal is a cool, rich, nearly red pink with a shiny cream finish - not a speck of glitter to be seen. When it fades and stains, Peony Petal lightens to a neutral, midtoned pink.
I quite like Pop Beauty's Plump Pout in Peony Petal. The formula is creamy, moisturizing, thought not very long wearing. Peony Petal is a pretty, rosy pink. Packaging is cute, unique, and functional. I have two complaints - this lip plumper doesn't seem to plump at all. On top of that, they taste a little unpleasant. I think Pop Beauty's Plump Pouts are worth checking out if you're looking for a pigmented gloss. 




Ingredients:
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene (and) Ethylene / Propylene / Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene / Ethylene / Styrene Copolymer, Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Beeswax, Copernica Cerifera (Carnouba) Wax, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate (and) Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride (and) Stearalkonium Hectorite (and) Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Ethylhexyl Palmitate / Tribehenin Sorbitan Isostearate / Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Benzyl Nicotinate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado Oil), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin-E), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Almond) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia Extract / Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Lavender Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Seed) Oil, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter (Mango Butter), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Fragrance. [+/- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200)].

Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links/referral codes.

Leave a Comment

  1. A lip plumper that doesn't plump seems a little useless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true, but its a good gloss otherwise

      Delete
  2. I need this. The colour looks about spot on, and I have a huge craving for rose-colored lip products. I've been mixing my own, but I still wonder if I should grab something in that shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would be a little more convenient that mixing!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...