NYX HD Eyeshadow Base Review




 NYX says "press your eyelids with this lightweight eye shade primer that makes skin appear smoother, more even toned, and ensures lasting makeup application. The High Definition Eyeshadow Base conceals creases and pumps up the vibrancy of your eyeshadow." This affordable eyeshadow primer contains 8ml (.27 oz) and sells for seven dollars. NYX is a cruelty free brand (though the brand was recently acquired by L'Oreal, NYX will remain cruelty free). This primer was made in China.

 NYX HD Eyeshadow Base comes in a simple black plastic tube. The product name, description, and ingredient list are printed on the tube in white lettering. Twist off the cap and you'll find a basic doefoot applicator. Packaging is recyclable.
 I've heard a lot of good about NYX' HD Eyeshadow Base - and all of it is totally deserved. This eyeshadow primer is thin in consistency and a very light flesh tone in color.This base spreads nicely over the eyelid. The HD Eyeshadow Base doesn't dramatically improve color payoff, nor does it help eyeshadows blend better. However, it does prevent creasing very well! I can trust NYX HD Eyeshadow Base to get through a ten hour work day in a hot, greasy kitchen. On a day off, I can get up to fourteen hours of wear.
I like NYX HD Eyeshadow Base. This primer has an easy to work with texture. This primer prevents creasing for both cream and powder eyeshadows. This primer boosts color payoff, but not by much. This is a good quality, reasonably priced drugstore eye primer that's similar to Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I do recommend this eye primer, and there's a pretty good chance that I'll end up repurchasing it!  


Ingredients:
Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Beeswax / Cera Alba / Cire d'abeille, Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP / Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylparaben. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492, 77499, 77491).


Disclosure:
This product was gifted to me



Leave a Comment

  1. I actually cannot bear to part with TFSI, since it does make my shadows more blendable. But based on this review, I'm glad to see that NYX has made such an affordable alternative! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do adore Too Faced Shadow Insurance as well, it may be my favorite eye primer (though UDPP is up there too), but NYX HD Base is so similar in performance, in my opinion!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...