June 2014 Birchbox - Away We Go!

 Last month I got my first Birchbox and was pretty dang disappointed. I didn't cancel quite fast enough and ended up with another one. While I'm not QUITE as disappointed as I was with May's box, I'm still not a fan of Birchbox. If you aren't familiar, Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription that sends you 4-5 beauty samples for $10/Month. Click through to see what came in my June box.

 Right away, this was a better box than last month. There was more in the box, and the samples were bigger. However, I was a little miffed to see a repeat sample - but Birchbox gave me 100 points to apologise, so I can't be too annoyed.
Supergoop! SPF 30 Everyday Sunscreen 10ml ($2.75~) Full Size 70ml ($19)
This sample is really small, just enough for a couple uses. I got the same sunscreen sample last month. I'll use it, but it isn't anything exciting.

The Claims:
"This lightweight cream provides water resistant, SPF 30+ protection anywhere you need it"
 Davines Lovely Smoothing Shampoo - 2.5 fl oz - $7.50 (Full Size 8 fl oz, $24)
This is a good sized sample for shampoo, though to be quite honest I don't really like trying new shampoos. It's cool, I'm going away for a four day trip soon, so I'll take this along. I gotta say, this shampoo does smell really nice!
Two foil packets containing the matching conditioner and hair treatment were included.
The Claims:
"This strand smoothing trio softens, detangles, and tames frizz for remarkably sleek locks."
 Visanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator - 20g sample - $5.65 (Full Size $34)
I've heard lots of great stuff about this exfoliating cleanser from Chicachew, one of my favorite YouTubers, so I'm hecka excited to try it out. However, I'm a little grumpy, because you get this nice big tube, but when you hold it up to the light you'll see its only 1/5 to 1/6 full. 

The Claims:
"This customer fave mimics effects of microdermabrasion for a glowing, smooth complexion"
 Laqa&Co Lip Lube in Menatour - FULL SIZE - $18
It was exciting for me to see a full size product in this month's Birchbox, though I thought it was a sample, since its a little on the small side. This lip crayon is nicely pigmented and has a tingly mint flavor and feel. Also the name made me giggle. 

The Claims:
"A high gloss, semi-sheer lip color that's perfect for summer. Bonus: It smells minty fresh!"
Joie Folle de Joie Eay de Parfum - sample - Full Size $98
Ugh, another little perfume sample. This fragrance has a powdery floral scent that really isn't my taste - but I think my mum will like it. 

The Claims:
"A fresh blend of mandarin, rose, and sandalwood that evokes a carefree, summertime vibe"


Total Value of My June Birchbox:
$33.90

Not bad! Not good enough to make me resubscribe, but much better than last month. 

Share your thoughts on Birchbox in the comments. 



Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links+referral codes

4 comments

  1. The Vasanti Exfoliator/Cleanser is actually really good. My mum has a full-sized one that I've tried on multiple occasions, and I really like it. Too bad the total value of the box is only meh..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! I tried it once and liked it so far! I can deal with a $25 value, at least compared to last month's.

      Delete