ELF Headliner Studio HD Blush Review




 ELF says "Rich and creamy HD Blush naturally sculpts and highlights the cheekbones for a soft-focus effect that is great for everyday use. The Vitamin E enriched formula conditions and hydrates the skin for a healthy, radiant glow. Velvety soft, lightweight and highly pigmented color creates a long-lasting result for all day wear." ELF offers five shades, my review features Headliner, the lightest of the bunch. The ELF Studio HD Blush contains 15ml (.5 fl oz) and sells for just $3. ELF is cruelty free. This product was made in China.

 ELF's Studio HD Blushes come in clear, cylindrical bottles, the ELF Logo and product name are printed on the front of the bottle. Popping off the black cap reveals a pump dispenser. I've seen a lot of complaints that the pump is difficult to control, but that's not the case for me. The shade name can be found on the bottom of the bottle.
 Before I move on to formula and application, let me just remind you to shake ELF's Studio HD Blushes before use, as they do separate. On to the real review though. I was surprised by the consistency of ELF's HD Blush - I expected it to be a liquidy product, but its more of a dry cream. This cream blush is incredibly pigmented, you need the smallest speck of product. My girl Carly from The Science of Chic recently reviewed this product as well and found that one full pump can cover the top of her forearm (a claim I can confirm), if that gives you an idea of how truly packed with pigment this blush is. Despite being slightly dry and dense with pigment, I think ELF's Studio HD Blush is easy to work with. This blusher blends in nicely with either fingers or a small stippling brush, though you gotta work fast, one cheek at a time. Headliner wears well, I get six to seven hours before it fades away. I've given this cream blush a try on the lips without much luck.
[Headliner on the lips]
 Headliner is a warm, bright but light pink with a satin finish - though a few random specks of silver glitter are strewn through. Said shimmer is not visible on the skin. Depending on how much you use and how much you blend effects how opaque the color is. Headliner can go on bold, or be as sheer as a natural flush, which is how I prefer to wear it.
ELF is commonly regarded as a hit or miss brand, and I'm happy to report that their Studio HD Blush in Headliner is a hit! This crazy pigmented cream blush is a breeze to work with and wears well. Headliner is a pretty, easy to wear pink that will suit light to medium skins. The best thing about ELF's HD Blush is the crazy value. You get half an ounce of product for $3 - and you only use a speck of product at a time. These blushes have been compared to Make Up For Ever HD Blushes, which cost a whopping $26 each. I can't confirm or deny that alleged dupe, but I do recommend ELF's HD Blush if you've been wanting to try the MUFE blush, or if you just want an awesome, affordable blush. 





Ingredients:
Isododecane, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Nylon-12, Barium Sulfate, Mica, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77007), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links/referral codes.

Leave a Comment

  1. I love these HD Blushes. I have one and find it lasts all day!
    Great post!
    Meghan
    Today's Beauty Obsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan too! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I think Mary blushes in HD, she is very shy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...