Monday, May 5, 2014

The Aquabats & Koo Koo Kanga Roo at Mr. Smalls Theatre (Pittsburgh, May 3 2014)

 I'm only mildly embarrassed to admit that The Aquabats are one of my favorite bands. I've been waiting EIGHT YEARS to see them live, and it finally happened two days ago. Nearly a decade of waiting couldn't have prepared me for how awesome it was. For those of you not familiar with The Aquabats...that's probably a good thing. They're a band of five super heros fighting crime and making excellent pop punk and ska music. Click through to see more pictures from their 20th Anniversary Tour show at Mr. Small's Theatre in Millvale, PA.

 Their opening act was Koo Koo Kanga Roo, who I've heard of before, but have never listened to or see live before. Talk about interesting, they make interactive, exercise based children's music. 
 At first I was pretty skeptical...but I have to admit they were extremely entertaining. 
 They've inspired me and my friend Fizz so much.
And then, there was The Aquabats! 
So Heroic! 
 We were super close for the whole show.
 The Bat Commander and Jimmy the Robot fighting some bad guys.
 Don't worry, they won! 
But fighting is never the answer. Leave that for super heroes.
 So many great jokes about Pittsburgh's terrible weather.
 The Bat Commander finished Super Rad in Flex from Yo Gabba Gabba's voice. He's the creator of Yo Gabba Gabba, if you didn't know. 
This was really a dream come true for me.
 Look at that awesome little punk! 
 Hooray for Pizza Day
The Bat Commander about to do his signature back flip. 
Me and Fizz hung out with Koo Koo Kanga Roo after the show!

We also met most of the Aquabats while they packed up their van.
All photos were taken by Fizz.

This tumblr user has some great pics as well! 

1 comment:

  1. Everyone be so jelz you met irl superheroes.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Don't use my comments as advertising space. Please don't ask for a follow back, I check every blog that follows me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...