May 2014 Ipsy Bag - Fresh Picks




 I just got my May Ipsy Bag in the mail! Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription that sends out 4-6 deluxe sample and full size beauty products for just ten bucks. This month subscribers received five products out of a pool of 26, from 21 brands.

New Partnerships: Eva NYC, Hang Ten, Too Faced, Avene, Revlon, Bare Foot Spa, Boo Boo Cover Up, Calvin Klein, Hey Honey, Jersey Shore Sun, Lulu Blossom, Mee Beauty, Olive Natural Beauty, Swissco, Crown Brush

Repeat Partnerships: Pacifica, Balanced Guru, Coastal Scents, Derma E, La Fresh, Nailtini, Pur-Lisse.

Click through to see what I got in May's Bag!

 May's Bag is made of off-white canvas, one side features green leaves and vines, the Ipsy logo is printed on some of the leaves. The bag has a green zipper closure. Like last month, this bag is not part of the Artist series Ipsy introduced in March. I wonder if they're still doing that? Anyway, on to the contents..
 Avene Eau Thermal Water Spray - 1.76 oz Travel Size - $9 (Full Size $18)

This is just pressurized water in a can. Like, just water. I've heard YouTube beauty ~gurus~ talk about this product, calling it amazing and a total life saver. But, its water in a can, so I'm a little grumpy about receiving it. 


The Claims:
Known for its long history in treating atopic dermatitis, the Avène Thermal Spring Water is the only thermal spring water bottled directly from the source and packaged in a sterile environment to guarantee purity and maximum skin benefits. Its unique composition is proven to soothe inflammation, itching, redness, general sensitivity and post-medical and aesthetic procedure irritation as it softens, protects and purifies the skin. Avène Thermal Spring Water is recommended by dermatologists worldwide.

The Offer:
15% off Avene at drugstore.com with code IPSY15. Exp 6/14/14

 Hang Ten SPF 50 Classic Sport Sunscreen - 30ml - $2.15 (Full Size $13)
Hang Ten is a sub-brand of Coola. Its hard for me to be excited about sunscreen, though I have been needing some. This 30ml tube should be enough for one use. I'm happy that it has such high SPF. I'll definitely use it.

The Claims:
Protect and nourish your skin with our clear, lightweight, naturally scented sunscreen. Provides maximum water resistance and full body coverage against harmful UVA/UVB rays.

The Offer:
25% off purchase at hangtensunscreen.com with code IPSY2014. exp 6/30/14

 Eva NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask - 60ml - $12 

Ipsy keeps sending me hair masks and I'm just not using them. I'm not sure where they get the idea I need them? I think I'll be passing this product on to someone who will end up using it.
The Claims:
The Therapy Session Hair Mask deeply conditions, repairs and strengthens dry and damaged hair. Argan Oil nourishes and revitalizes, while Keravis Protein drastically increases hair’s strength and elasticity. The results are hydrated, soft and manageable hair.

The Offer:
65% off your purchase at eva-nyc.com with code IPSY. exp 6/15/14
 Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer - 2.5g sample - $6.50 (Full Size $30)

This is the only product in May's bag that excited me! I really like Too Faced products and have heard great stuff about this bronzer. It looks a little dark for me, but I'll still give it a go. I swatched it quickly and the texture is awesome! The Chocolate Soleil bronzer has a strong, artificial chocolate scent.
The Claims:
Bronzing has never been so delicious. The Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer is a shimmer-free, matte bronzer perfect for contouring and creating an all-over deep tan using real antioxidant-rich cocoa powder. It’s all the tan without the twinkle. Infused with antioxidant-rich cocoa powder and signature bronzing pigments to create a unique matte bronzer that neutralizes red and evens skin tone.

The Offer:
25% off purchase at toofaced.com with code Bronzer25. exp 6/15/14
Pacifica Eyeshadow Duo - Deluxe Sample - $3.50? 

I was also pretty excited for this Pacifica Eyeshadow duo, but as you can see, its shattered. This is the first damaged products I've received in an Ipsy bag in my two years of subscribing, so I'm not too upset. I've already contacted ipsycare about it. This duo was sent out in color combos, this one is ~Duo 1~.

The Claims:
The Pacifica Mineral Eyeshadow Duo are coconut infused mineral eye shadows that are a perfect addition to any makeup collection. Packaged in a beautiful travel ready recyclable container, these exclusive duos are customized just for ipsy! These shades can be found in the Pacifica Mystical and Charmed Palette. Smooth application with gorgeous color pay-off.

The Offer:
25% off purchase at pacificabeauty.com wide code ipsybeauty. exp 6/30/14
                                                                                                                 

Total Value of May's Bag
$33.15

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty disappointed with May's bag. Of the five, I only really care about the Too Faced bronzer. Hopefully I'll receive a new Pacifica shadow soon. What did you receive in your Ipsy Bag? 






Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links and referral codes.

Leave a Comment

  1. My eyehadow from last month was shattered too and I did contact Ipsy about it. Don't expect the same duo again though! I got sent something totally different and it was something I had already gotten in a bag previously!

    Also, Chocolate Soleil is freaking amazing! Even on my pale skin it's great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I saw that! IpsyCare got right back to me, but pretty much told me I'm not getting another Pacifica duo, which is ok since I've heard its not very good at all.

      Also, I've tried the Chocolate Soleil already and so far I love it! Glad it works so well for you too.

      Delete
  2. Your water in a can comment made me laugh out loud. I even had to read it to my husband because he asked what was so funny. We basically got the same bag this month. Don't be to sad about the pacifica shadows mine were just eh. Not really pigmented and kinda chalky.

    Take Care,
    Mandy Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it =D Also yeah, thats what I keep hearing about the Pacifica shadows. Even the shattered bits I tried using as a loose shadow were disappointing.

      Delete
  3. We got almost the same things haha I got the Olive Oil lip balm and a microdermabrasion though.
    The hair mask is actually super nice though! I used it because my hairs fried from straightening and previously bleaching it, and just one use made my hair feel a lot better. I was shocked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! How's the Olive Lip Balm? And maybe I should try that hair mask then. Glad you have such good results with it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...