Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil Review




 Garnier says their Nourishing Cleansing Oil "instantly dissolves impurities and long wear makeup with no greasy residue". Garnier goes on to mention that their cleansing oil's formula is "infused with nourishing jojoba and macadamia oil" that "helps replenish skin's moisture balance." Garnier's Nourishing Cleansing Oil is an exciting product - one of, if not the first cleansing oil to hit the American drugstore. This cleansing oil contains 125ml (4.2 fl oz) and sells for about seven bucks a bottle. Garnier is not cruelty free. This cleansing oil was made in America


 [Before]
While Garnier's Nourishing Cleansing Oil's packaging looks nice, I've found it kinda problematic (see here). The clear bottle features the Garnier logo, product name, and a few claims on the front, directions, more claims, and a full ingredient list on the back. The white pump's spout points downwards instead of outward, which can cause spillage if the bottle tilts even a little. Even when kept upright, Garnier's Cleansing Oil still has a tendency to leak. Packaging is recyclable. 
[During]
Garnier's Nourishing Cleansing Oil is a yellow, mineral oil based cleanser. I'm not going to explain how to use a cleansing oil - I'll save that for another post if yinz would like. I use about one and a half pumps of this oil, massaging it over my face, lips, and eyes for about a minute before emulsifying and rinsing. I was surprised by how effective Garnier's Cleansing Oil is! This cleanser removes all of my face and lip makeup, and at least 95% off my eye makeup. Every once in a while, a little bit of waterproof mascara or eyeliner sticks around. What isn't removed is loosened up, and is completely washed away with the traditional cleanser I always follow up with. Garnier's Nourishing Cleansing Oil leaves behind no oil residue at all - just soft skin. My skins been agreeing with this cleansing oil quite well - no breakouts here! My only complaint about is how heavily fragranced this product is. 
[After]
Man, I love Garnier's Nourishing Cleansing Oil! I didn't expect to enjoy this product this much. This oil based cleanser is super effective, removing almost all my makeup. This oil leaves my skin soft and never greasy. Packaging is one of the product's only downfalls, along with how strongly perfumed it is. I already have a backup bottle and I'm fairly certain that I'll repurchase Garnier's Nourishing Cleansing Oil - unless more drugstore brands start offering cleansing oils, you know I'll have to try those too. I definitely recommend Garnier's Cleansing Oil! 

Have you tried a cleansing oil yet?
Would you like to see a post on how to use a cleansing oil?



Ingredients:
Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Zea Mays (Corn) Germ Oil, Polysorbate 85, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Sorbitan Trioleate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Squalane, Fragrance, Water, Propylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Linalool, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Isopropyl Myristate, Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer

Disclosure:
This product was gifted to me.


Leave a Comment

  1. I've been eyeballing this, do you think it would be safe to use on my oily/combo skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be, if rinsed thoroughly. Really it depends on how your skin reacts to products with mineral oil in them. I have combo skin and its been working well for me.

      Delete
  2. I have a sample of this that I'm going to try once I'm done with my Body Shop Cleansing Balm. Cleansing oils/waters/balms are so tough to find at the drugstore level!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got a sample of it in the mail too. Hopefully alternative cleansers become more readily available soon.

      Delete
  3. Mary uses oil, it's SUPER EFFECTIVE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good, too bad it isn't available in my country :-( I love Garnier products!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...