Essence Get Big! Lashes Triple Black Mascara Review




 Essence says "Black. blacker, triple black! This is the deep black mascara in the popular Get Big! Lashes family. The large, innovative fiber brush offers maximum volume and adds density to your lashes. It's carbon black texture ensures an expressive look with a triple black effect!" Essence's Get Big! Lashes Triple Black Mascara contains 12ml (.4 fl oz) and sells for $3.99. Essence is a cruelty free brand. This mascara was made in Italy.

 Essence Get Big! Lashes Triple Black Mascara comes in a chunky, round, purple plastic tube. The Essence logo and product name are printed on the tube in black letters against a bright pink background. A few claims are printed on the side of the tube. The large, traditional bristled brush is about an inch long and quite thick. The flat headed brush's bristles are even in length and spacing, and holds just the right amount of product. Despite it's tremendous size, I found this mascara wand pretty easy to use. All packaging is recyclable.
 I've had some really disappointing experiences with Essence mascaras in the past, so my hopes were not high when I decided to try the Get Big! Lashes Triple Black mascara. I'm happy to tell you that I don't hate this mascara, but I'm not impressed either. This mascara's formula isn't particularly wet or dry. Essence says that Get Big! Lashes Triple Black is a volumizing mascara, but for me, its better for length. This mascara does add a fair amount of thickness without much clumping, but if built up it can give me some really awesome length. This lightweight mascara dries softly, making it comfortable to wear. There's a downside to that softness though - Get Big! Lashes Triple Black Mascara cannot hold a curl. Like all Essence mascaras, Get Big! Lashes Triple Black Mascara flakes on me - I get about six hours of wear before the flaking sets in, making it pretty long wearing compared to the other Essence mascaras I've tried. This mascara is washable and easy to remove. My biggest disappointment with this mascara is that it fails to provide the deep, dark blackness Essence promise. Triple Black is a soft black, even compared to other Essence mascaras like I Love Crazy Volume.
[2 coats]
Essence Get Big! Lashes Triple Black Mascara is merely alright. It lengthens nicely and builds some volume. This mascara is no where near as black as the brand promises, nor can it hold a curl or last all day. While its a big step up from the other Essence mascaras I've used, I still don't recommend the Get Big! Lashes Triple Black Mascara. I really need to stop trying Essence mascaras. 


Ingredients:
Aqua (water), Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Carnauba (copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Pentylene Glycol, Polybutene, Vp/eicosene Copolymer, Oryza Sativa (rice) Bran Wax, Panthenol, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Pvp, Myristic Acid, Arachidic Acid, Behenic Acid, Oleic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Ci 77266 (black 2), Ci 77499 (iron Oxides).


Disclosure:
This product was gifted to me.

Leave a Comment

  1. Great review. I have never tried this mascara before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about Maybelline mascaras. Every single one i've tried has been a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm beginning to feel that way about Maybelline mascaras too, which sucks cause they used to be my favorite.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...