Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Benefit LolliTint Lip&Cheek Stain Review

 Benefit says the newest member of their Tints family, LolliTint "treats lips&cheeks to a pop of dreamy sweetness. It's the flirtiest flush you can get from a bottle...and it's smudge-proof, smooch-proof color lasts from A.M to P.M. Talk about staying power!" LolliTint contains 12.5ml (4.2 fl oz) and retails for $30. I received a sample of this radiant orchid hued lip&cheek tint in my April Ipsy Bag. Benefit does not test on animals. LolliTint was made in France.

 Like all Benefit products, LolliTint has adorable packaging! This lip and cheek tint comes in an opaque, shiny, lilac plastic bottle. The product name and a few pink swirls adorn the bottle. Removing the cap reveals a small, stiff brush that's decent for applying product to the lips and dotting it on to the cheeks. Packaging is recyclable.
 Benefit's LolliTint Lip&Cheek Stain is a lightweight, gel like liquid. Applied to the lips or cheeks, this stain dries down almost immediately - so blend quickly and with care! It can be a little difficult to get an even application of Benefit's Tints - I'll offer some tips and tricks down below. LolliTint stains the skin at once and is not easy to remove, so apply with care. Removal requires an oil based remover or a full on facial cleanse.
 I love wearing LolliTint on my lips! To apply, I stroke a little on both lips then tap it in with my finger. I typically wear two layers of LolliTint. Color payoff is sheer, but can be built up on the lips. This lip stain dries down to a satiny finish. I personally do not find LolliTint drying, though it does cling to any dryness or chapping, so be sure to exfoliate first! For a glossier finish, I love to layer Maybelline's Electro Baby Lips in Berry Bomb over LolliTint; they pair perfectly! Staying power is out of this world! I get a full eight hours of wear from LolliTint - sometimes even longer. This stain's only enemy is oily foods. Before I move on, let me share a little anecdote about LolliTint's longevity. The first time I tried LolliTint on - I applied it right before bed, washed my face, brushed my teeth, and slept for about nine hours and when I got up, this stain still looked freshly applied.

LolliTint is pretty great on the cheeks too! I use two dots on each cheek and tap it in quickly. LolliTint's sheer finish gives it the look of a natural flush; it doesn't look like makeup at all. This cheek tint doesn't cling to dry skin, nor does it accentuate pores. Once again, I get all day wear from Benefit's cheek stain; LolliTint doesn't come off, or even fade, until I wash my face. Benefit Cheek Stains must be applied before any powder products.
 Benefit's LolliTint is a light orchid shade with a demi-matte finish on the skin and a satiny finish on the lips. This lip and cheek stain doesn't contain a single speck of shimmer. Color payoff is sheer but buildable. LolliTint is super flattering on my naturally pink lips, but I find the purply color a little too strong for my cheeks. LolliTint is a great way to engage in the Radiant Orchid ~color of the year~ trend. Benefit suggests teaming LolliTint up with their similarly colored Hervana Box-o-Powder.
Benefit's LolliTint Lip&Cheek Stain is so good! This Tint adds a translucent, trendy orchid pop to both lips and cheeks. Longevity is incredible! LolliTint is the best of the three Benefit Tints I've tried (not that PosieTint and ChaChaTint aren't awesome!). I definitely recommend this liquid lip and cheek color, it's definitely worth the price! 





Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Ethylhexyl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Squalane, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Polysorbate 60, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Disodium EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, CI 45410 (Red 27), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 15985 (Yellow 6).

Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links/referral codes.

3 comments:

Be nice. Don't use my comments as advertising space. Please don't ask for a follow back, I check every blog that follows me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...