Chella Indigo Blue Eyeliner Pen Review




 Chella says their Indigo Blue Eyeliner Pen will "glide on to define, emphasize, and embolden with long lasting, vibrant color that stays on until you want it gone!" This liquid eyeliner pen contains 1ml (.34 fl oz) and sells for $24. If blue eyeliner isn't quite your thing, Chella also offers their Eyeliner Pen in Black. I received Chella's Indigo Blue Eyeliner Pen in March's Ipsy Bag. I believe Chella is cruelty free, but don't quote me on that. This eyeliner was made in Germany.

Chella's Eyeliner Pen comes in a narrow, grey tube. The Chella logo, shade name, and company information are printed on the pen in deep blue lettering. Removing the cap reveals a long, narrow, tapering felt tip. The  tip is quite stiff, only the absolute top of the point has a minimal amount of flex. I love the shape, it makes application super easy. Chella's Eyeliner Pen must be stored upside down, as its prone to dryness.
 I was ridiculously excited for Chella's Indigo Blue Eyeliner Pen and I gotta say I'm just a little bit let down. Chella's liquid liner is easy to apply - usually. The felt tip, as mentioned, dries out easily. The felt point tends to absorb powder shadows, causing uneven application. Chella's liquid liner dries almost immediately. I get great wear from this liquid liner, it doesn't fade, smear, or flake for upwards of eight hours. While I wouldn't call the formula waterproof, its definitely water resistant and takes some effort to remove.
 Chella's Indigo Blue is a gorgeous, bright, yet deep true blue with a matte finish. This liquid eyeliner is well pigmented and goes on opaque in one swipe, provided the tip is moist enough. Bright blues like this are extremely brightening and particularly flattering for blue and brown eyes.
I like Chella's Eyeliner Pen in Indigo Blue, but I think it has some flaws. The felt tip has an awesome shape, its very compatible with my eye shape. However, this eyeliner pen dries out quickly if not stored upside down or used over powder eyeshadows. The Indigo Blue shade is beautiful and brightening, but not uncommon. The formula is long wearing. Do I think Chella's Eyeliner Pen is worth $24? No, there are great pen liners on the drugstore level, even in blue shades liek this one. Even still, I'm happy I received it. 



Ingredients:
ferric ferrocyanide 77510, titanium dioxide 77891, water (aqua), styrene/acrylates/ammonium methacrylate copolymer, methylpropanediol, poloxamer 407, ppg-70 tocophereth-100, coco-glucoside, butylene glycol, sodium laureth-12 sulfate, citric acid, ammonium hydroxide, simethicone, steareth-4, bht, steareth-20, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, sorbic acid

Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links and referral codes. 

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...