Seventh Generation Hydrating Boost Serum with Jojoba Oil Review




 Seventh Generation offers a line of six serums called Boosts - today I'm reviewing the Hydrating Boost Serum, which features jojoba oil. Seventh Generation says "give your personal care routine a natural lift with Seventh Generation Boosts. These concentrated, 100% botanical formulas contain natural ingredients show to have powerful effects on your skin." Each Seventh Generation Boosts Serum contains 44ml (1.5 fl oz) and sells for around $13.50. This range of serums is sold exclusively at Walgreens. This moisturizing serum is vegan, 99% bio based, hypoallergenic, and free of parabens, phthalates, and synthetic fragrance. Seventh Generation is proud to be cruelty free. This serum was made in Canada.

 Seventh Generation's Serums come in a white and blue cardboard box that offers plenty of product information as well as an ingredient list. The serum is housed in a green plastic bottle with a white pump. The product name is printed on the front of the bottle, directions can be found on the back. This serum's packaging is made of 100% recycled plastic. All packaging is recyclable.
 Seventh Generation's Hydrating Serum is a light serum similar in color, consistency, and scent to olive oil. This serum is completely comprised of natural oils and extracts. All you need is two drops of this product for a full face application. This serum is fairly oily and not very quick to absorb. The majority of Seventh Generation's Hydrating Boost serum sinks in within a minute, but it leaves an oily film on the skin for about ten minutes post-application. That makes it a strictly night time product for me.  Seventh Generation's Hydrating Boost Serum with jojoba oil hydrates the skin quite thoroughly. When I wake up the morning after using this serum, my skin is still plump with moisture - and just a little greasy. We've had a pretty harsh winter in Pittsburgh and I've started using Seventh Generation's serum as a skin protectant before going outside, and I gotta say its pretty effective. I haven't had much dry skin all winter, which I have to credit at least partially to this natural serum. Oh, by the way, this oily serum can work as a decent makeup remover in a pinch!
Seventh Generation's Hydrating Boost Serum is good. This serum is moisturizing as promised, though its a little greasy for my personal preference. This serum is also effective for preventing chapped winter skin. I don't think I'll repurchase this serum, but I'll continue to use it. I recommend those with dry skin give Seventh Generation's Hydrating Boost Serum with Jojoba Oil a try, it might be just what your parched skin needs.




Ingredients:
Apricot Kernel Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Jojoba Oil, Passionflower Extract, Rice Extract, Sunflower Extract, Acai Extract, Babassu Extract, Chamomile Extract, Lavender Extract, Rosemary Extract


Disclosure:
I received this product from Free Beauty Events in exchange for promoting their website.  this post contains affiliated links. 

Leave a Comment

  1. I personally use Bio Oil but I think this might be better for the face? I'll probably buy one when my Clinique oil cleanser runs out (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll probably be better for your face, it has less irritating ingredients than Bio Oil!

      Delete
  2. But is not even winter anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...