NYX Spice Powder Blush Review

 NYX says their Powder Blushes "deliver sheer, silky color that glides on, blends beautifully, and creates a natural glow. The formula is richly pigmented and lasts for hours." Today I'm reviewing Spice - there's a total of 22 shades to choose from. Each NYX Powder Blush contains 5.2 grams (.18 oz) and sells for a very reasonable $5. I received this product in an Ipsy Bag. NYX is cruelty free. This blusher was made in China.

 Packaging for NYX Powder Blush is pretty much the same as their old eyeshadow packaging. A black, square, flip top compact with a clear window that gives you a peek at the product. The NYX logo is printed on the clear portion of the lid, but its begun to rub off already. The shade name and full ingredient list can be found on the back of the compact. These little black compacts, about 3x the size of NYX shadows, are sturdy and easy to store. Packaging is recyclable.
 The texture of NYX Powder Brush in Spice is impressively soft, velvety, and just a little powdery. Spice is insanely pigmented, barely touching a brush into the pan picks up more than enough product. Luckily, this super pigmented blush blends wonderful, and can be sheered out nicely while maintaining it's color. This is shaping up to be a real great blush, huh? Well, there's a little problem...I can't get Spice to last on me. It doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing or what other makeup I'm wearing. It fades slowly, after our hours, its barely visible, entirely gone after six.

NYX describes Spice as a "matte mauve", but that isn't what I have in front of me. Maybe mine is mislabeled, or maybe NYX has a very loose grasp of what "matte" and "mauve" mean. From the swatches I've looked up online, it seems that the latter is true. NYX Powder Blush in Spice is a mid toned, cool, pink rose with a satin finish. In the pan, you;ll see a hint of silver shimmer, but it translates as a soft sheen on the skin. Spice is gorgeous, it gives a pretty, rosy flush. For me, Spice is a little strong on my very fair skin - I have to sheer it out quite a bit. I think Spice can suit just about anyone, depending on how strong or light it's applied.
[heavy swatch, 1 sheer layer]
NYX Powder Blush in Spice has everything going for it - except longevity. The texture is fantastic and super easy to work with. Spice is strongly pigmented, but it can be sheered out. This is a lovely, rosy pink that's universally flattering. If it had lasted more than half a day, it'd be perfect. I'm thinking about trying another Powder Blush shade, I'll give them a good swatching on my next Ulta adventure. This blush may be worth trying if you're willing to risk wear time. 



Ingredients:
Mica, Talc, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Boron Nitride, Mineral Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Bis-Digylceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Polybutene, BHT, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Red Iron Oxides, Black Iron Oxide, Yellow Iron Oxide, Red 6, Red 7, Ultramarine Blue, Titanium Dioxide, Mica 


Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links/referral codes.

1 comment