Not Dupes: MAC Satin Taupe + Many More




[click to enlarge]

Last week when I was reviewing MAC's Satin Taupe eyeshadow, I decided to swatch it against some other taupes. Many of these have been called 'dupes' by other beauty bloggers and YouTubers, and I'm here to debunk them ALL. As you can see, none of the shades are close to being true dupes. 

1. Coastal Scents Ashen
2. theBalm Insane Jane 
3. Urban Decay Mugshot (Naked3)
4. Urban Decay Pistol (Naked2)
5. MAC Satin Taupe
6. Wet n Wild Silent Treatment
7. Wet n Wild Comfort Zone 

The most infuriating of these so-called dupes is the comparison between Satin Taupe and the taupe in Wet n Wild's Silent Treatment trio. I think that's the comparison I've heard most often, and its also probably the most incorrect. Wet n Wild's Taupe is significantly more grey based, with a purple-ish tone to it; it barely resembles Satin Taupe at all! 

Do you have any legitimate dupes for MAC's coveted Satin Taupe? 

Leave a Comment

  1. I totally agree with you about the silent treatment "dupe", I would try recreating looks using that supposed dupe but it always looked so different from the ones that used satin taupe itself. Now I know why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe pick up Nutty, as Des suggested!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for this. I hate it when people call something a dupe when it isn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite welcome. Irresponsible duping is like a plague in the beauty community. D:

      Delete
  3. Wet n Wild Nutty is a pretty good dupe for Satin Taupe. If not spot on exact, it may be pretty darn similar. Nutty is a single shadow that is about $1.99

    Des | Simple Charm Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked up swatches, and while I don't think they're exact, its a better dupe than any of the shadows in this post. Thanks!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...