Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder Review (Vanilla 52)




 Bourjois says their Healthy Balance Unifying Powder will "give your skin a boost of radiance and even out that skin tone! Enriched with exotic fruit therapy to restore and rebalance the skin." Bourjois is bold enough to promise a "ten hour matte and radiant complexion." Bourjois offers their Healthy Balance Unifying Powder in just four shades - I'm reviewing the lightest shade, Vanilla (52). Each compact contains 9 grams (.32 oz) and sells for about $20 AUD. I scored mine at Priceline on a 25% off deal. Bourjois does not test on animals. This face powder was made in Germany. Bourjois products are available at drugstores throughout the world, but they can be difficult to track down in the USA. For Americans, its easiest to buy Bourjois products from Asos, Urban Outfitters, and Walgreens online.

 I think packaging or Bourjois' Healthy Balance Unifying Powder is really cute! This pressed powder comes in a red plastic compact. The Bourjois logo, product and shade names, and images of fruit are printed on the front label. The back of the compact offers product information and a full ingredient list. opening up this compact, you'll find a good quality, full sized mirror and a round pan of pressed powder. Ok here's my problem with the packaging - the pan falls right out. I can't see any evidence of any glue either - so I guess it just kinda floats around in there? Packaging is recyclable.
 Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder has an incredibly smooth texture in the pan. This powder kicks up a fair bit of excess powder if you swirl your brush in it. There's no bad way to apply the Healthy Balance Unifying Powder, but personally I like to buff it on with a small, dense, angled kabuki (I use the bronzing kabuki from EcoTools Beautiful Expressions Kabuki Set). Bourjois' Healthy Balance Unifying Powder provides medium coverage with a velvety matte finish. This pressed powder is great for masking pores and little imperfections, however it tends to cling to any and all dry patches. The Healthy Balance Unifying Powder isn't great at controlling oil on it's own, but used as a setting powder over liquid foundations (it works particularly well with Healthy Mix foundations), it does seem to improve longevity. Bourjois promises ten hours of wear, which is certainly an overestimation. On it's own, this powder wears for about two to three hours on my normal skin. Bourjois' Healthy Balance Unifying Powder has the same faint raspberry scent as the rest of their 'Healthy' line.
 [Heavy Swatch, blended 2 layers]
Vanilla (52) is the lightest of the four available shades. Its also one shade darker than my usual Bourjois shade, Vanilla Clair (51), which is also still a little dark for me. As with all of Bourjois' complexion products, this powder is quite strongly yellow toned. The warm, yellow undetone is great for cancelling out redness, but it looks pretty off on my neutral to slightly warm skin. Vanilla is also pretty obviously a shade or two too dark for me. Maybe it'll suit me better during summer or while I'm in Australia. I'd love to see Bourjois release this powder in Vanilla Clair. Darker options would be welcome as well. 
[bare skin, 1 light layer]
I like the formula of Bourjois' Healthy Balance Unifying Powder, I just wish I had a better shade match. Packaging for this pressed powder is cute and eye catching, but the pan isn't very secure at all. I adore the texture of this powder; it applies well and gives great coverage (for a powder). The yellow tone of Vanilla (52) is very color corrective, but too warm for all over, daily wear. Would I repurchase Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder? Yes, if they start offering a lighter shade. If you fall into the very limited shade range, I do encourage you to try this lovely pressed powder.






Ingredients:
Talc, Nylon 12, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Kaolin, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspoylmer, Zinc PCA, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc Stearate, Water, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Japanese Persimmon Extract, Yuzu Extract

May Contain
Ultramarine, Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide


Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links. 

Leave a Comment

  1. I wasn't aware asian fruit therapy was a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely swatching and figuring out shade when I'm near a Bourjois display! These sound like such a dream! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...