Boots Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask Review




 Boots says their Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask is a "mineral rich oceanic clay mask" that "contains a negative electrical charge which acts like a magnet, helping to draw deep rooted impurities out of the skin without drying. Its hydrating and oil absorbing properties leave skin soft, smooth, and wonderfully cleansed." This clay mask contains 100ml (3.3 fl oz) and sells for around $9-10. I received this mask from Influenster for review purposes. Boots, an English brand's products are available via the brand website, Target, and Ulta. Boots does not test on animals. This clay mask was made in Canada.

 Boots Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask comes in a clear and white squeeze tube with a twist off cap. The front of the tube features the product name, brand logo, and an image of leaves. The back of the tube offers information on ionic clay and willowbark. Peeling up the back label reveals directions and ingredients. Packaging is recyclable.
 The Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask must be shaken before squeezing it out - it separates and gets quite watery. Shaken up, Boots' clay mask is a thin, greenish grey liquid with a very slight grainy texture. This face mask smooths over the skin evenly in a thin layer. As Boots' Ionic Clay Mask dries down, it turns a light grey and gets quite tight. Rinsing this clay mask off after the recommended ten minutes is pretty easy. Boots Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask seems to firm the skin as well as calm it. When I rinse this clay mask away, any redness has temporarily subsided. Pores also appear to be reduced in size. The day after using this mask, I always seem to have a couple small whiteheads, which I guess is proof that this mask helps pull the gross stuff out of my pores. Boots' clay mask is fragrance free.
I do like Boots Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask. This natural mask has plain but attractive packaging. This grey clay mask, which is recommended for weekly use, reduces redness and the size of pores while forming the skin. The price for this mask, ten bucks, seems fair - I've used it four times and it still seems completely full. I'm not sure if I'd repurchase the Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask, but I do want to try more Boots products. This clay mask is good - definitely worth trying if you're on the market for a new mask. 



Email me or message me on Tumblr or an Influenster Invitation.*


Ingredients:
Sea Silt, Water, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Hydromethylglycinate, Willow Bark Extract


Disclosure:
This product was sent to me by Boots and Influenster for review purposes. Neither brand influenced my opinion. *email address is required  for Influenster. 

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...