MAC Cranberry Eyeshadow Review + Swatches




 MAC calls their eyeshadows a "highly pigmented powder" that "applies evenly" and "blends well". MAC offers a whopping 126 permanent eyeshadow shades; today I'm reviewing Cranberry, my first ever MAC eyeshadow! MAC shadows contain 1.5 grams (.05 oz) and are available in two forms - pots ($15) or refill pans ($10). MAC products are not tested on animals, though I believe the brand is no longer considered cruelty free. This eyeshadow was made in Canada.

MAC's Eyeshadow pans come in black cardboard envelopes bearing the product name and brand logo. A pull out insert offers a full ingredient list. Each shadow comes in a round metal pan, a magnet affixed to the back of the pan. A label offering the shade name is stuck to the magnet. MAC offers a variety of palette size options to house their individual pans. 
 Ok, I totally get the hype behind MAC eyeshadows now! Cranberry has an awesome formula! This eyeshadow feels velvety and smooth, yet firm. Cranberry kicks up no ecess powder at all, though it will cause just a few flecks of fallout during application. Cranberry applies evenly and blends with ease. This beautiful eyeshadow has excellent, rich color payoff that only gets stronger when applied over a primer. I get excellent wear from MAC's Cranberry Eyeshadow - it maintains it's vibrancy and doesn't crease for up to ten hours when worn over a primer. Like many red based eyeshadows, Cranberry stains my pale eyelids, but only a little.
 Wow, Cranberry is beautiful; its a rich, warm, true burgundy with so much dimension! This is one of MAC's Frost finish eyeshadows, and accurate description for the finish, though I feel like this bold burgundy almost boards on being metallic. The rich finish is free of any noticeable shimmer particles or glitters - but instead it has a strong sheen. Cranberry is interesting - while at it's core its a burgundy, or a deep red warm with a purple influence - MAC's Cranberry is so much more than that! If you really pack the color on, Cranberry becomes quite purple-y. Blending Cranberry out reveals a brick-ish tone. This is one of those eyeshadows that you can sweep all over the lid and into the crease and it looks like two different shades.
I'm obsessed with MAC's Cranberry Eyeshadow! I've worn it nearly every day for two weeks. I love the way this deep burgundy shade looks all over my lid, with smudgy black eyeliner and lots of mascara - its pretty badass. This shade brings out the redness in my dark brown irises without making me look sick or tired. This eyeshadow has an excellent formula - pigmented, blendable, and long wearing. I certainly suggest MAC's Cranberry Eyeshadow if the color appeals to you. Based of my experience with Cranberry, I'd love to try more MAC Eyeshadows! 




Ingredients:
Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol

May Contain:
Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Red 40, Ultramarine, Yellow 5, 


Disclosure:
This product was gifted to me. 

Leave a Comment

  1. I just got this eyeshadow too and I love it! Definitely the most impressive MAC shade of the few I picked up!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love MAC shadows and Cranberry is one of my favorites. I love mixing Cranberry and All That Glitters or Amber Lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try both All that Glitters and Amber Lights!

      Delete
  3. This was also my "first" MAC eyeshadow. I picked it up with Blanc Type, but it was my motivation for going to MAC.

    Des | Simple Charm Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blanc Type doesn't really appeal to me. Do you like it?

      Delete
  4. This does look lovely - i'm always wary of red eyeshadow shades as I'm a redhead so it clashes a lot (though that can be quite trendy?) Which primer do you use? I've just picked up an urban decay one but never too sure on primers! Found you on the blog hop so I'm your newest follower now :)

    Thrifty Firecracker x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a red head too, and Cranberry doesn't clash! I use a bunch of primers - I love Urban Decay Primer Potion, Tarte Creaseless 360, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and ELF Eyelid Primer.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...