Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara Review




 Essence says their I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara has a "deep black, cream texture" that "covers each individual lash with color and the extra large plastic brush provides sensational volume." I've previously had some pretty negative experiences with Essence's mascaras in the past, but I've heard so many rave reviews about this mascara and I couldn't resist trying it. This mascara contains 12ml (.4 fl oz) and sells for about five bucks. Essence products are not tested on animals. This mascara was made in Italy.

 Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara comes in a pink tube. The product name is written on the front of the tube in punky black lettering. A few simple claims and miscellaneous information can be found on the back of the tube. This mascara has a gigantic brush - over an inch long. This rubber bristled brush is interesting. Rows of  evenly spaced, average lengthed bristles. There are wide, bristle free gaps on each side of the brush. The tip comes to a gently rounded tip with short bristles. My God does this brush hold a lot of product! The gaps between the rows of bristles act as mascara aqueducts, channeling mass quantities of mascara to every bristle. Not only is the brush loaded with product, but the mouth of the tube has no stopper - its a gaping void that doesn't help to scrape off excess product at all. Despite the size, this brush is fairly easy to work with, though I do occasionally catch my lash line with it. All packaging is recyclable.
The I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara is an intense mascara. Without careful lash preparation, this mascara can end up a complete disaster. I highly advise everyone to comb lashes carefully and curl them thoroughly before applying this mascara. On correctly prepared eyelashes, Essence's I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara adds awesome length and volume - this is the kind of mascara that only takes one coat to look like two or three coats. On the other hand, this mascara can build up way too fast - clumping awfully. This deep black mascara has a wet formula that stays wet for a while. The moist formula is pretty weighty, uncurling my lashes. Sadly, I get poor wear from this mascara - which seems to be a trend among Essence mascara. I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara begins to flake just a little about two hours after application, but after five or six hours its nearly gone. The remnants are surprisingly hard to remove though, which is strange considering this mascara's flaky nature. 
[1 coat]
While Essences I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara is an improvement over the other Essence mascaras I've tried, its still a disappointment. Its easy to go overboard with this mascara. I Love Extreme Crazy Volume is not a mascara for those afraid of big lashes. Unfortunately, the big lashes do not last - this mascara flakes awfully. For that reason, I do not recommend, nor would I repurchase, Essence's I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara. 



Ingredients:
AQUA (WATER), SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN WAX, STEARIC ACID, PALMITIC ACID, POLYBUTENE, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PROPYLPARABEN, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).

this product was gifted to me. 

Leave a Comment

  1. There is barely any volume ;-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the other version of this, the..."regular" one I guess you could say. I even did a review on it also here: http://arisinwonderland.wordpress.com/2013/09/11/review-essence-i-love-extreme-volume-mascara/

    I wasn't too happy with it either. It didn't really do anything visible for my lashes and I don't like how it takes a while to dry. Just a poor mascara overall, really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just took a peek at your post and wow that is unimpressive!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...