Casual Valentines Day Makeup Tutorial




 I have three Valentines Day 'dates' this year, and they're all pretty casual. I've come up with a simple, feminine look that will suit all three dates. If you're looking for something a little bolder, but still soft, pretty, and pink - check out my Naked 3 Tutorial. Click through for a tutorial and some more photos of this look.

 The Skin: I'm skipping foundation for all three dates. Instead, I'm opting for a Benefit's That Gal, a brightening primer, topped off with Bourjois' Healthy Balance Unifying Powder. I have a couple blemishes, but Covergirl's Fix Stick Concealer will take care of them pretty well.

Cheeks: I'm keeping my face makeup pretty simple by lightly contouring with Ulta's Girlie Cheek Color and sweeping just a touch of Benefit's Sugarbomb onto my cheekbones. 

Lips: For the day I'll be wearing Almay's Liquid Lip Balm in Rosy Lipped, a nude gloss. In the evening, I'm transitioning to Revlon's Red Velvet Lip Butter, a deep, creamy red.
 [evening version, complete with mascara flakes]

Eyes:

Step 1: Prime the eyelids. I used Tarte's Creaseless 360 Eye Primer

Step 2: Apply a shimmery beige cream shadow all over the eyelid and down around into the inner corner. I used Rimmel's ScandalEyes Waterproof Eyeshadow Crayon in Bulletproof Beige.

Step 3: Thinly line the lower lash line with a taupe pencil. I used Rimmel's ScandalEyes Kohl Kajal in Taupe. 

Step 4: Gently smudge out outer third the lower lash line with a similarly colored eyeshadow. I used MAC's Satin Taupe eyeshadow. 

Step 5: Lightly blend the same eyeshadow into the crease. 

Step 6: Line the upper lash lien with a black eyeshadow or soft pencil, creating a small wing at the outer corner. I used NYX Black Eyeshadow

Step 7: Smudge a burgundy eyeshadow along the outer third of the upper lash line. I used MAC Cranberry Eyeshadow. 

Step 8: Line the waterline with a nude liner. I used Rimmel's ScandalEyes Kohl Kajal in Nude

Step 9: Curl lashes and apply mascara. I used Covergirl's Clump Crusher

To bump it up a little for the evening: 

Step 10: Add a bit more of the burgundy shade to the outer v. 

Step 11: Add black liquid liner to the outer half of the upper lash line. I used Soap&Glory's Supercat Pen Eyeliner. 

Step 12: Add one or two individual lashes to the outer corner. While this looks nice and compliments the over all look, I'm pretty sure I won't actually do this. If I do, I'll be using ELF's Individual Lashes. 
[All products used.] 

What are your Valentines Day plans and what are you planning on wearing? Comment and let me know. 


Leave a Comment

  1. Replies
    1. Well considering we're currently on different continents, I don't think we're going to be having a fancy date.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...