Tree Hut Coconut Lime Shea Sugar Body Scrub Review




 Tree Hut calls their Coconut Lime Shea Sugar Body Scrub a "gentle sugar scrub infused with certified organic shea butter, coconut, and lime extracts and an array of natural oils including evening primrose, safflower seed, sweet almond, avocado, macadamia seed, and orange oil. The sugar grains and ground coconut shells will softly polish away dead and damaged skin, leaving your skin soft and smooth." I've been eyeing this body scrub for at least two years, and I finally picked it up during a recent Ulta haul. Tree Hut offers their Shea Sugar Body Scrubs in two sizes - 5.5 oz/156 grams ($4.99) and 18 oz/510 grams ($7.50). These scrubs are available in five scent choices, this review is for Coconut Lime. On top of being chock full of containing a fair amount of natural ingredients, this scrub is paraben free. Tree Hut does not test on animals. This body scrub was made in the USA. Tree Hut products are available at Ulta, drugstores, and most major retailers.

 Tree Hut's Body Scrubs come in square, clear plastic jars with golden screw on lids. A blue label is affixed to the top of the lid, bearing the product name and images of a lime and coconut. An hourglass shaped label can be found on the back of the jar, offering directions and a full ingredient list. All packaging is recyclable.
 Tree Hut's Coconut Lime Shea Sugar Body Scrub has a thick, turquoise gel base with small sugar granules and slightly larger flecks of coconut shell. Tree Hut's Shea Sugar Body Scrub is moderately abrasive without being overly harsh. The sugar melts as its worked into damp skin, preventing over exfoliation. The remainder of the scrub rinses away easily, though a couple bits of coconut shell may cling to the skin. This scrub leaves my skin feeling smooth and slightly moisturized. I like to use Tree Hut's scrub every two to three days - it helps maintain smoothness in between shaving.
 It won't be a surprise to those that frequent my blog, but I only chose Tree Hut's Coconut Lime Shea Sugar Body Scrub because its blue. I don't actually like how it smells, its not bad, just not that good either. In the tub, this scrub smells alright - its vaguely lime-y with a hint of coconut. This scrub is very lightly scented.
I like Tree Hut's Coconut Lime Shea Sugar Body Scrub's formula, but I don't love the scent. This scrub exfoliates well and keeps me nice and smooth. I like the look of the packaging as well. The full size of this scrub is a pretty good value. I'm probably going to pick this scrub up in another scent next time around - I hear really good stuff about the Almond&Honey scent. If you've been thinking about trying Tree Hut's Shea Sugar Body Scrub, I encourage you to pick one up, the formula is great. I'm happy I finally gave this affordable body scrub a try. 



Ingredients:
Sucrose, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Silica, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Fragrance, Jojoba Esters, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Shell Powder, Polyethylene, Chromium Hydroxide Gren, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid.

disclosure:
this product was gifted to me. 

Leave a Comment

  1. It's not a very good blue tho

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this scrub! I have it in Mango.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give the mango one a sniff! Glad you love this scrub too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...