Models Own Makeup Blending Sponges Review




 Models Own says "When applying make-up or foundation, you can easily smooth away visible lines and streaks with these blending sponges. Use the pointed end for hard-to-reach areas around your eyes, nose and mouth. The wider end is perfect for achieving flawless over all facial and neck coverage." Models Own Blending Sponges are sold in a two pack. These sponges sell for £8 on the Models Own website, but I picked mine up at Urban Outfitters for $8. Models Own products are not tested on animals. These colorful sponges were made in China.

 Models Own's tear drop shaped Makeup Blending Sponges come in a clear pouch. The sponges bright orange and hot pink. Though Models Own makes no mention of it, I find the two sponges to have drastically different textures. The pink sponge is softer and much more porous than the stiff, smooth orange sponge. Both sponges do not soak up much water or expand much when used wet. Because these blending sponges doesn't take in much water, they absorb a fair amount of any liquid product you use them with. Both of Models Own's Makeup Blending Sponges are quite firm and don't have much bounce to them (the orange one much more than the pink one), so I find them a little uncomfortable to use. The lack of flexibility makes Models Own's sponges difficult to maneuver in small areas of the face. The pink sponge's porous surface causes a stippled look on the skin, which can give a really gorgeous effect if done carefully. On the other hand, for me the smoother orange sponge is nearly useless - it doesn't pat or blend product into the skin at all, really is just kinda smears foundation across the face. I always feel like I need to go in with my fingers and finish the blending. Models Own Makeup Blending Sponges are fairly easy to clean with a liquid soap and aren't prone to staining.
[see the texture difference?]
I'm not crazy about Models Own's sponges. I think its interesting that the two sponges are different colors, textures, and densities. These sponges don't absorb enough water and absorb too much product, so that sucks. If you're a glass half full kinda person, at least that makes them easier to maintain. The pink sponge is alright, but I don't bother with the orange sponge, which is just awful in my opinion. The perfect tear drop shape is spoiled by the stiffness of Models Own's sponges. I don't recommend these blending sponges, they just don't cut it. 


Leave a Comment

  1. That sucks...I have only heard bad things about these. Thanks for the review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never heard anything else about them. D:

      Delete
  2. I have a few sponges (not this brand) but the beauty blender type and I didn't care for them, I prefer my Sigma brushes.

    -Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love other sponges, but these sucked. I'm not really into brushes for foundations honestly.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...