Pixi Lash Booster Mascara Review




 Pixi Lash Booster is a "unique mascara" that "truly boosts your lashes, giving them a 'push up' effect that lasts all day. The dense, rich formula ensures that lashes are coated with maximum pigment for long lasting full colour. The cone shaped brush coats each lash evenly for the ultimate smudge-free, waterproof lash and eye definition." Pixi's Last Booster mascara is available in two shades - Blackest Black and Blackest Blue. Blackest Black retails for $15, Blackest Blue for $17. I received a sample of Pixi's Lash Booster in August's Ipsy Bag. Pixi is a cruelty free brand. Pixi products are available through the brand's website, the brand's store in London and Target in the US and Canada.

 The Lash Booster Mascara comes in the signature Pixi green tube. A small pixie graces the front of the tube, along with the product name and brand logo. Lash Booster's brush is really nothing special About an inch long, the traditional bristles are short, densely packaged, and evenly spaced. The bristles spiral around the wand. The brush is easy to use and is actually nice for separating the lashes.
 I really do not like Pixi's Lash Booster Mascara. It just doesn't do anything special for me. This mascara has a dry consistency, which I typically prefer because I find them more buildable. Lash Booster coats the lashes with a deep black pigment, but that's about it. I can't say that this mascara adds enough length or volume to be worth mentioning. Pixi says their Lash Booster mascara will give a "push up effect", but I feel like it actually weighs my eyelashes down, it definitely can't hold a curl. This mascara wears very strangely - it certainly is waterproof, I find it almost impossible to remove, even with oils. Yet t the same time, this mascara tends to smudge, especially on my bottom eyelashes. I don't understand, I really do not.
[3 coats]
There just isn't anything that I like about Pixi's Lash Booster, which is really unfortunate because I like Pixi as a brand. The packaging of this mascara is cute, but the brush is too plain by my standards. The formula is also quite lacking - it darkens the lashes but doesn't do much else. I plan on tossing my sample as soon as this post goes up. I definitely do not recommend this mascara, its far too expensive for what it does. Also, does anyone else think its not cool for Pixi to charge two extra bucks for the blue tinted mascara? 



Ingredients:
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Microcrystalline Wax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aluminum Distearate, Peg-8 Dioleate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylparaben, Simethicone, Tocopherol, Talc, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77499). May Contain: [+/- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510)].


Disclaimer:
This post contains affiliated links/referral codes. 

Leave a Comment

  1. I've never tried this brand before, although I am starting to hear more and more about it. That's too bad it didn't work for you!

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...