Nailtini Champagne Nail Lacquer Review




 Nailtini, a sub-brand of Tini Beauty calls their nail lacquers a "cocktail for your nails." Today I'm reviewing Champagne, which the brand calls a "glistening, icy beige." Each Tini Beauty polish contains 15ml (.5 fl oz) and retails for $13, a $6 mini-size is also available. Tiny Beauty lacquers are 3-free, cruelty free, and made in the USA. Tini Beauty products can be bought through the brand's website and at a couple of boutiques (see their website for a listing). I received this polish in my November Ipsy Bag.

 I admire Tini Beauty's packaging style - its cute and unique. Each lacquer comes in a black cardboard box with the Nailtini logo and and a stylized margarita glass printed on the front. The bottles are tall with tall black plastic caps, giving an appearance similar to a wine bottle. The label features the same martini glass design. The shade name can be found on a sticker on the bottom of the bottle. I'm a fan of Nailtini's brush, which is on the long side, flat and stiff with no splayed bristles.
 Champagne's formula is a little disappointing. Its slightly goopy in consistency and applies unevenly. Despite being on the thicker side, it takes 3 to 4 coats to build Champagne up to full opacity. The multiple coat take ages to dry - it takes over an hour for this polish to dry completely. Wear is equally problematic, Champagne suffers from shrinkage, which becomes a chipping problem shortly after. All up, I get 2-3 days of wear (without base/top coat). Like a lot of metallic nail polishes, Nailtini's Champagne is resistant to removal.
 Champagne is a fantastic color. Nailtini calls it a beige, but I don't think that's accurate. I'm tempted to describe this shade as a rose gold, but I'm hesitant because of how overused that terms been lately. Lets just say this sits somewhere between rose gold and peach champagne. This shade is quite warm, with a strong metallic finish that tends to show brush strokes.
Nailtini's Champagne Nail Lacquer is gorgeous, but the formula could be better. Application and wear are both pretty fussy. The lovely color almost makes up for the poor formula though. Champagne is a bold neutral, and a great way to rock the rose gold trend. Would I repurchase this polish? No, I'm sure there are more wallet-friendly dupes out there. That being said, I'm happy that I received this polish, I plan on wearing it often this winter. 



Ingredients:
Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Phthalic Anhydride/Trimellitic Anhydride/Glycols Copolymer, Isopropyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Adipic Acid/Fumaric Acid/Tricclodecate Dimenthanol Copolymer, Camphor, Citric Acid. 

May Contain
Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 34 Lake (CI 15880), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), YELLOW 10 LAKE (CI 47005), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), VIOLET 2 (CI 60725), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Aluminum Powder (77000), Polyethylene Terephthalate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide (CI 77891).


disclaimer:
This post contains affiliated links/referral codes

Leave a Comment

  1. Definitely champagne coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this recently too but have yet to try it. I really like the shade, too bad about the formula, hopefully it fares well on my nails!

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to get less than ideal wear from most nail polishes, so hopefully you'll have better luck with Champagne than I did.

      Delete
  3. That is so gorgeous, but I'll be scouting for dupes, seeing how formula really matters to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Report back if you find a good dupe.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...