Mario Badescu Samples + First Impressions

 I've briefly scanned the Mario Badescu display at my local Ulta and have become more and more interested in the brand. I found out from another blogger recently (sorry I can't remember who) that you can get samples from the brand by filling out a quick questionnaire about your skin. At the end of the questionnaire you get a recommendation of products that would best suit you. A few days later you get an email like this one:
If I recall correctly, all you have to do is confirm your address and your samples will be on your way. No purchase is necessary by the way. Anyway, I got my samples in just 6 days! I've seen testimonies saying it took up to 8 weeks for people to get their samples, or never got the samples at all, but personally I had a great experience. Click through to see what I got in my package.


The first thing I pulled out was a personalised pamphlet explaining how to use the samples you received. A full catalog of Mario Badescu's products was also included. I'm really grateful for that, as it's packed with information so it'll serve as a great reference when I review these samples! I have to say that all six samples are very generous in size, at least a weeks worth of use in each of them. Yes the jars are tiny, but they're filled to the brim, overflowing in some cases!
Kiwi Face Scrub - Full size $15

"Made with real kiwi seeds and soft bits of seaweed to naturally slough away surface dullness and uncover softer, smoother skin. Kiwi seeds gently buff away dull skin while natural AHAs break down dull build up which help to prevent blackheads and improve overall texture"

I've tried this scrub twice and it really makes my skin feel fresh. It also smells fantastic. I had this weird assumption that all Mario Badescu products would have a really medicinal smell to them, but that doesn't seem to be true at all!
Ceramide Herbal Eye Cream - Full Size $18

"This easily absorbed, non greasy eye cream is made with a blend of vegetable, carnation, and antioxidant rose hip oil. Reduces the look of dry, tired eyes and helps smooth out fine lines and wrinkles to keep the delicate eye area looking moist and youthful"

This eye cream is certainly moisturizing, but it took ages to sink in! 
Collagen Moisturizer w/ SPf 15 - Full Size $20

"Ultra lightweight daily moisture and moderate sun protection all in one. Collagen rich formula protects skin from moisture loss an keeps skin plump and smooth without the use of heavy oils"
Seaweed Night Cream - Full Size $20

"A non-greasy, oil free night cream enriched with seaweed, collagen, and hyaluronic acid to soften, hydrate, and nourish the skin without clogging pores. It leaves the skin feeling soft and silky"
Flower&Tonic Mask - Full Size $18

"This is a combination purifying and calming mask for congested, bumpy, or slightly oily skin types. The kaolin based formula absorbs dirt and oil from pores while the soothing botanical ingredient of Balsam Peru calms minor redness and irritation"
Special Cucumber Lotion - Full Size 

"Refreshing, disinfecting and deep cleaning astringent that is effective for drying up existing acne blemishes while preventing new eruptions. Sulfur and soothing cucumber help fight against oily build up and bacteria that can cause acne"

I tried this out this morning and so far I am not at all a fan. This toner contains 4% alcohol, but it smells and feels like it's 100% alcohol. This stuff was burny to the max. 


I'm really glad I found this deal and I hope yinz take advantage of it! 


This post was not sponsored in any way. No affiliated links. These are not PR Samples.

2 comments