L'Oreal Plum Rush Colour Riche Le Gloss Review




 L'Oreal says "discover our richest shine indulgence for your lips. Colour Riche Le Gloss is infused with ultra hydrating Omega 3, protective Vitamin E, and Argan Oil for our richest shine experience yet. Wear alone or over your favorite shades of Colour Riche lip colors to customize your look." L'Oreal offers 16 shade choices - I'm reviewing Plum Rush. L'Oreal's Le Glosses contain 12ml (.40 oz) and have a $7.95 MSRP. I got Plum Rush for free as an Ulta Club perk. L'Oreal is not cruelty free. This lip gloss was made in the USA.

 I like the look of the Le Gloss packaging. A long squeeze tube with a gold cap. Le Gloss is written vertically on the tube. The shade name and number, plus some miscellaneous information can be found on the back of the tube. Removing the cap reveals a small, slightly elongated slant tip applicator. The applicator is easy to use and spreads product in an even layer.
 L'Oreal's Colour Riche Le Gloss is a thin gloss. This gloss has a slick texture and noticeable weight on the lips, which is really surprising considering the thin formulation. The Le Glosses are definitely moisturizing, my lips are always in great conditioner after wearing Plum Rush. Wear time is average, I get between 60-90 minutes of wear. My Le Gloss doesn't seem to transfer onto straws or cups. This lip gloss has an artificial smelling vanilla cake like scent and flavor.
[one layer, three layers]
 Plum Rush is kinda disappointing for me. I wanted to expand my collection of dark lip colors, so I selected the deepest shade in the Colour Riche Le Gloss line, and was sorely disappointed when I swatched it. Plum Rush looks almost black in the tube. Sadly, this gloss is quite sheer - it gives a translucent, cool toned purple tint to the lips. A second layer  adds a bit more depth. To get Plum Rush anywhere near the color it shows in the tube you need to apply a very thick, unwearable layer of gloss. Plum Rush is devoid of shimmer or glitter. d This Colour Riche Le Gloss has a very shiny, jelly like finish. On my naturally pink, pigmented lips, Plum Rush shows up as a lilac-y tint. In my opinion, this is more of a layering gloss than one to wear on it's own, unless you want very sheer color. L'Oreal's Plum Rush pairs nicely with Maybelline's Color Whisper Lipstick in Berry Ready
I have mixed feelings on L'Oreal's Colour Riche Le Gloss in Plum Rush. I like the formula of the gloss a lot - it wears well and is quite moisturizing. Color payoff is very light. For being so dark in the tube, I expected more depth and pigmentation from Plum Rush, though I like the color it provides is pretty we well. If you want a rich, nearly black gloss keep looking. I'll continue to use Plum Rush, but I wouldn't repurchase it or recommend it unless you like the color. I hope to try another Colour Riche Le Gloss in the future to see if the lack of opacity is a range-wide issue of if it's exclusive to Plum Rush.



Ingredients:
C18 36 Acid Triglyceride, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Polybutene, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Diisostearyl Malate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Benzyl Alcohol, Alumina, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Fruit Oil, Isostearyl Alcohol, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 (Cl 19140), Carmine (CI 75470), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

Leave a Comment

  1. That colour payoff is pretty disappointing... I don't think I will bother with these.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is disappointing, though from the swatches I've looked at most other shades have better payoff.

      Delete
  2. Le gloss, wow, such gem, very shine.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...