Influenster Violet Vox Box

 I just got my Influenster Violet VoxBox! This box was "inspired by this season's dark, moody florals, the Violet VoxBox is for the beauty queens of Influenster Nation. And, as surely as winter comes, we know that under layers of snow, spring violets grow." For those that aren't familiar with Influenster, it's a program that provides bloggers/social media users with products to review. If you'd like an invitation to join Influenster feel free to email me or message me on Tumblr. Click through for a closer look at what came in my box.

 Goody QuikStyle Paddle Brush ($12.99 MSRP)

Claims:
Lets you go from wet to beautifully styled hair faster than ever! Super absorbent microfiber bristles remove water as you style. It's like a towel and brush in one. 

My Thoughts:
I was very surprised to find this in my box. I'm not sure how much use I'll get from this brush, as I don't really brush my hair while it's wet. On top of that, this brush has plastic bristles, which are no match for my lion's mane. 
 Goody Athletique Headband ($6 MSRP)

Claims:
Provides hold and comfort so you can be physically active and strong in body and mind.
My Thoughts:
This seems nice, I don't know how I like the idea of a velcro closure in my hair, but I'm pleased to receive this otherwise. Hopefully it'll be great for keeping my bangs out my face. 
Sally Hansen Triple Shine Nail Color - Fanta-Sea ($4.99 MSRP)

Claim:
 Daily Defense from Water and Wear. Get ready for the shiniest nails ever! Water to workout, day in and day out, nothing  will dull these nails. Available in 30 shades

My Thoughts:
I received the shade Fanta-Sea, which is beautiful. This seems to be a layering polish that could be built up to opacity with several coats. For me, Sally Hansen's Triple Shine Nail Color is the highlight of Influenster's Violet VoxBox. 
Soyjoy Bar, Banana Flavor ($1msrp)

Claims:
All natural, gluten free snack bar made with non-GMO soybeans and real fruit pieces. Between 130-140 calories, SoyJoy is a great on-the-go snack or it can be enjoyed warm with coffee or tea. 

My Thoughts:
Banana Flavor. No. =( Influenster seems to think that I really enjoy banana, every food they've ever sent me has been banana flavored. I'm actually a straight up banana hater, so my Mum will be eating and reviewing this snack bar. 


Other Influenster members received a Montage Jeunesse Clay Mask or Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo in their box. 

Overall Value+Thoughts:
$25 Total Value 

Honestly this isn't the best VoxBox I've received. I fail to see how this caters to beauty lovers, it seems more geared towards people who work out. Regardless, I look forward to testing everything (except the SoyJoy bar). 



Disclaimer:
These products were sent to me by Influenster for review purposes. 

Influenster invites require providing me with your email address. Email addresses will not be used for any other purpose by me or Influenster.

9 comments

  1. And to think I considered joining Influenster... This seems like a poorly thought-out box. I really like the nail polish, but I don't think it's enough to redeem the entire pack. Thanks for the review though :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well to me there really isn't a negative to Influenster, free stuffs is free stuffs. If you do decide to try them out, let me know.

      Delete
  2. I actually think that hairbrush is intriguing. Other than that though, the bo doesn't look very good.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brush is certainly interesting. It's massive, I'm not sure where to put it D:

      Delete
  3. I got the Rose box...which was okay (would have been great, but I sadly didn't get the Vitabath) but I so would love to try that brush! I might have to pick one up. Pretty polish, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that sucks that you didn't get the Vitabath =(. The Rose Box appealed to me more than the Violet one honestly, especially since it had BelVita biscuits in it and I flove those.

      Delete
  4. Why is Influenster ALWAYS sending out Soybars? I can choke down like one flavor, but you literally consume it in one bite. And even if they are gluten free, there are other great bars out there.

    This is the silliest rant I've ever been on, but seriously, it's like they're trying to get rid of Soybars or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume they inundated Influenster with samples, or signed a really big contract with them. But yes, the bars are way smaller than I expected!

      Delete