Becca The One Perfecting Brush Review

 Becca says "from start to finish, primer to powder, The One Perfecting Brush can be used with liquids, cremes, powders, and anything in between. Non-porous, high quality goat hairs allow product to sit on top of bristles rather an absorbing, ensuring a seamless application with no wasted product." This unique brush is said to replace ten brushes and beauty tools. The One Perfecting Brush will render your foundation, powder, contour, bronzer, stipple, concealer, blush, and kabuki brushes and blending sponge obsolete. Becca's The One Perfecting Brush is available exclusively at Sephora and Becca's website, where it retails for $49. I received this brush from iFabbo for review. This natural hair brush was made in the United States.

 Unique is certainly the word that sums up this brush best - I've never sen one quite like it. The brush head is 3" long and an inch wide, so it'll cover a large area with each brush stroke. The white goat hair bristles are extremely dense and fairly soft (though they feel strangely similar to my dog's fur). There are a handful of splayed bristles. I experience some shedding during use and washing. As promised, the goat hairs do not absorb a significant amount of product, making it easy to wash. The white bristles don't seem to stain, but they've become just a little discolored over time. Despite it's density, this brush dries fairly quickly, faster than most kabuki style brushes. I dislike The One Perfecting Brush's handle, which is rectangular with a rounded bottom - about 2 1/2" tall and wide. The handle is made of lightweight, rubberized plastic with the Becca logo printed on each side. I find this brush hard to hold and store.
 "A bouquet of brushes in One Perfecting Brush. Target specific areas with your favorite highlighter for an airbrushed effect. Contour with powders, creams, or liquids for sculpted perfection. Build and layer foundations and setting powders for smooth, natural coverage. The One Perfecting Brush offers versatility and precision for a perfected look in seconds." So the key word here is definitely "Perfection", Becca can't seem to stress it enough. Unfortunately I don't feel like The One Perfecting Brush delivers perfect application for most products. I'll break down how it applies various products in the following paragraph.
 Foundation Application: I'm torn on how Becca's The One Perfecting Brush applies liquid foundation. This dense brush can make almost any foundation full coverage. However, a lot of buffing and blending is requited to get an even, streak free finish. The large brush head is great for applying product to the cheeks, forehead, and neck, but it makes it difficult to get to smaller areas of the face. Does it replace a foundation brush, stippling brush, or sponge? No.

Powder Application: For me, Becca's The One Perfecting Brush is best for applying loose or pressed powers, as well as powder foundations. This brush is good for a gentle dusting or powders, or to really buff and press the powder into the skin. Does it replace a powder brush? Yes.

Concealer Application: Just like with foundation, this Becca brush will provide full coverage with almost any product, which is great for concealer. The problem is that The One Perfecting Brush is far too large for precision application. If you want to apply concealer over a large area it'd be ok, but for spot concealing and under eye work you'd need a much smaller brush. Does it replace a concealer brush? No.

Contour/Bronzer Application: Becca's The One Perfecting Brush is great for contouring larger areas as well as bronzing on the face and body. The shape makes it ideal for creating that super chiseled cheek and jaw look. This multi-tasking brush is particularly good at blending liquid bronzrs like Avon's Glow Bronzing Gel. Does it replace a Contour or Bronzing Brush? Yes.

Blush Application: I find Becca's The One Perfecting Brush too large for actually applying blush, unless you want to apply it over a large area. However, I really like it for feathering out the endges of blush. Does it replace a blush brush? No.

Highlighter Application: The One Perfecting Brush is wonderful for body highlighting with both liquid and powder products. For me, I find this brush too large for facial highlighting. In my personal experience this brush works better with powder highlighters. I do not recommend using  thin liquid highlighters like Benefit High Beam with this brush. Creamier formulations like Girl Meets Pearl or Rimmel Wake Me Up Illuminators are easier to work with. Does it replace a highlighting brush? Maybe.

Primer Application: I'm not one to apply face primers with a brush, but Becca's The One Perfecting Brush is capable of applying silicone based primers like Smashbox Photo Finish and Bare Minerals Prime Time in a nice, smooth, even layer. Creamier primers like Pixi Flawless&Poreless go on streaky and uneven. Does it replace a primer brush? Maybe.
[Full face applied only with this brush - complete with shed brush hairs!]
I have mixed results with Becca's The One Perfecting Brush. I don't feel like its quite as multi-functional as the brand says it is, but it can definitely get a lot of jobs done. I recommend this brush for powder, primer, bronzer, and highlighter application for both face and body. This brush is soft and dense, surprisingly easy to clean, but prone to moderate shedding. The One Perfecting Brush is a pain to store, the size and design of the handle are very awkward. I wish the handle had a flat base so it could be stood up on it's own. Becca's The One Perfecting Brush doesn't replace ten beauty tools. I don't recommend this brush to makeup novices, but brush enthusiasts would probably love to give The One Perfecting Brush a whirl. Personally, I wouldn't drop $50 on this brush, but I'm very happy to have tried it. 


Disclaimer:
This product was sent to me by Becca and iFabbo for review purposes. This post contains eBates affiliated links.

11 comments

  1. Personally I love this brush so much I use it for everything! (: I'm erally happy that I got it for free though (: great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that it works so well for you! And I'm glad you enjoyed my post :3

      Delete
  2. This doesn't sound worth the price to me honestly.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree, I feel like this brush is really only for certain people.

      Delete
  3. I love how big and fluffy it is! Too bad it's so expensive!


    www.natalielovesbeauty.com


    ReplyDelete
  4. The price and shedding kills it :( but I just wanted to ask for a tutorial on your eyes/lips! You look really nice! :) what lippie do you have on? It super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eyes are just black liquid liner and mascara with a little foundation over the lids. My lips are Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie gloss in Dare Devil =D Thanks

      Delete
  5. I didn't realize the brush was so big, when I saw t on another blog's haul. It's gargantuan! lol

    ReplyDelete