Thursday, December 12, 2013

Beauty Box 5

 I first heard of Beauty Box 5, a monthly subscription service that guarantees 5 products for $12/Month, from YouTuber grav3yardgirl and have been interested in it ever since. I recently found out that Beauty Box 5 had a blogger program and jumped on the opportunity! Click through to take a look at my first box!

 Beauty Box 5 is sent out in a very pretty robin's egg blue box. A card sat atop the products, it offered no information on the products in the box, but it did offer plenty of information on the service. Some crinkled paper lines the bottom of the box.

 The first product I pulled out of Beauty Box 5 is Every Beauty's Makeup Remover Pads. These are different from most makeup remover wipes, as you need to add water before use. These pads are infused with argan oil for added moisture. I believe this a pack of 5, a 50ct pack retails for $7, giving this sample a value of just .70c. 
 I was very pleased to see a sample of H20+'s Hydrating Treatment, I've been hoping to try out an H20+ product! This light blue gel seem promising. This sample is quite small though, just 8ml. The full size product is 50ml and retails for $36, giving this little tube a $11 value. This was the highlight of the box for me. 
 The third product is a half-sized Nubar nail lacquer in White Tip. This mini polish is worth $4. After three coats, this polish is a little streaky and not fully opaque. Its so hard to get a white polish right, so I'm not going to judge Nubar by that. I've heard a lot of good about their polishes as a whole. Actually, just now I swatched it on a nail and it seems like it'll be good for painting french tips. 
 Seemingly the only full sized product in my Beauty Box 5 is Bella Pierre's Shimmer Powder in Tin Man, a shimmery silver loose eyeshadow. This product retails for for $14.99. I believe this brand partners with Beauty Box 5 often. 
Last up is Aveeno's Daily Moisture Lotion - a product I've quite familiar with. I think I've mentioned it before, but my Mum is a hardcore Aveeno fan girl, and she loves this lotion. I haven't tried it, but hopefully I'll share Mum's love for it. I got a little 30ml (1 fl oz) bottle. This lotion is available in several sizes at several price points. This sample has a value of roughly a dollar. 


Value of Beauty Box 5:
$32~

While the value of the box is there, I'm not 100% wowed by the contents. I'm very happy to finally try a H20+ product, though the sample is very small. All the other products are a satisfactory size. The makeup remover pads are particularly interesting. Would I subscribe to Beauty Box 5 based on this box? Maybe. 



Are you subscribed to Beauty Box 5? Tell me your thoughts on this subscription service in the comments! 


Disclaimer:
This box was provided to me by Beauty Box 5 for review purposes. This post contains no affiliated links. 

3 comments:

Be nice. Don't use my comments as advertising space. Please don't ask for a follow back, I check every blog that follows me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...