Bath&BodyWorks Island Margarita Gentle Foaming Hand Soap Review




 Bath&BodyWorks says their Gentle Foaming Hand Soap is "made from an exclusive blend of moisturizing honey, coconut milk, and olive fruit extracts. Our exclusive anti-bacterial hand soap helps to nourish and soften skin. Gentle bursts of lightweight foam washes away dirt and germs while leaving hands soft and lightly scented with your favorite fragrances!" This review is mainly focused on the Gentle Foaming Hand Soap formula, though I'll also touch on Island Margarita. The Gentle Foaming Hand Soap seems to be the most popular of Bath&BodyWorks three anti-bacterial hand soaps. These soaps are available in dozens of limited edition and permanent scents. Each Gentle Foaming Hand Soap contains 8.75 fl oz (259ml) and retails for $5, though B&BW frequently offers sales on their soaps. These hand soaps are made in America. Bath&BodyWorks is cruelty free.

 Bath&BodyWorks Gentle Foaming Hand Soaps come in chunky, triangular plastic bottles topped with a white pump. The packaging is recyclable. Island Margarita's label is bright and eye catching, it features a blended margarita with a lime sitting on the glass's salted rim. A product description and drug facts sheet can be found on the back of the bottle.
 The Gentle Foaming Hand Soap is "enriched with an exclusive blend of moisturizing honey, coconut milk, and olive fruit extracts to help nourish and soften skin. It is further enhanced with mango fruit extract, leaving hands lightly scented, gently cleansed, and conditioned while effectively fighting germs." As I previously mentioned in my review for the Bath&BodyWorks Deep Cleansing Hand Soap, the active ingredient in these hand soaps is Triclosan, and ingredient who's safety is currently being investigated by major health authorities. I encourage you to do your own research on the subject if you want more information. Anyways, the Island Margarita Gentle Foaming Hand Soap is a bright lime green liquid with a watery consistency. The liquid soap is whipped into a light foam while being pumped out. The resulting lather is very light. This soap rinses easily, taking dirt and makeup swatches with it. I can't say that the Gentle Foaming Hand Soap is particularly moisturizing or drying, but my hands look to be in decent shape. This soap is quite heavily fragranced, but it doesn't linger.
Island Margarita isn't for everyone - but its for me. I love the way this smells, its been my favorite Pocket Bac scent for a while. Island Margarita smells exactly how you'd think it would - Citrusy, a little bitter, a little salty, a touch alcoholic. Bath&BodyWorks describes it as a "fresh blend of mandarin, lime, and white nectarine." To me, Island Margarita is all salty, boozy lime. While I can't get enough of Island Margarita, my Mum can't stand it - she thinks it smells like strong, artificial grapefruit. To each their own, I 'spose. 
[enlarge for ingredients]
I like Bath&BodyWorks Island Sugar Gentle Foaming Hand Soap, but not enough to repurchase it. I prefer Bath&BodyWorks other hand soap formulas over this one, not for any particular reason, I've just never been a big fan of foam soap. On top of that, I feel like I'm going through this hand soap significantly faster than non-foam soap. The Gentle Foaming Hand Soap gets the job done while smelling good and keeping my oft-overworked hands in good shape. For me, the scent of Island Margarita is intoxicatingly wonderful, though that may not be the case for everyone. I don't buy Bath&BodyWorks hand soaps often, but I think from here on out I'll be sticking to the Moisturizing or Deep Cleansing Soaps.

Leave a Comment

  1. Sounds like a great scent! I love margaritas! Thanks for the review.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had a margarita but I want one!

      Delete
  2. I have this in a PocketBac (we're not shocked, are we..I have a problem) and I remember using it at Disney one time and I felt like the entirety of Space Mountain could smell my hands..SO Strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it really is intense! Not sure if it's intense enough to affect all of Space Mountain though lol!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...