September Ipsy Bag - Classic Beauty

 This is quite late, but when you're overseas, what can you do? I finally got to open up my September Ipsy Bag. Once again, the time between receiving my shipping email and the bag actually arriving was ages - 11 days! Ipsy partnered with thirteen different brands: Butter London, Cailyn Cosmetics, Chella, Freeman, John Frieda Full Repair, Elizabeth Mott, J.Cat Beauty, Jesse's Girl, NYX, Pop Beauty, Skyn Iceland, Starlooks, and Victoria Jackson; Ipsy subscribers received a mix of 14 different products, selected for them using the IpsyMatch program. For more information on Ipsy, please check out my article on this subscription service. Ipsy costs $10/month (shipping included) and promises 4-5 deluxe beauty samples. Click through to see my September Ipsy Bag.

 Cailyn Cosmetics Tinted Lip Balm in Big Apple - Full Size - $19 

I'm pretty neutral about receiving this lip product. This is definitely not a true lip balm by any means, as the texture seems pretty dry to me. However, this brush on lip color is very pigmented, offering strong red with a velvety matte finish. Big Apple was the only shade sent out. 

The Claims:
This ultra matte, super-moisturizing lip balm delivers rich color and amazing staying power. This amazing lip balm is formulated with 3D Smart Film Former, which keeps colors vibrant longer. Includes a built-in brush for easy application. Wear alone or apply with the Cailyn Pearly Shimmer Balm for a more glamorous, shimmery pout. Available in 18 shades.
J.Cat Beauty Fantabulous Lipstick in Honey Crisp - Full Size - $2.49

Please, Ipsy, enough with the J.Cat. They've sent out three products from this brand and all of them seem to be of low quality. The texture of this lipstick is alright, but the color is hideous, at least on it's own. I'll have to play with it to make it workable. I'm a little iffy on receiving two lip products in one bag. Honey Crisp was the only shade sent out.


The Claims:
Feel fantabulous with this gorgeous creamy nude flesh-toned shade of lipstick. Available in 48 shades.
NYX Single Eyeshadow - Purple - Full Size - $4.50 

I'm definitely a fan of NYX' single eyeshadows, though they can be hit or miss. Purple seems to be a frosty lilac. Ipsy sent out 20 shades, some of which were discontinued, which seems like a cheap shot to me. Purple is not one of the discontinued shades.

The Claims:
The NYX Single Eyeshadow packs a punch of color and is incredibly easy to blend. Go edgy or understated effortlessly, and enjoy the luscious, long-wearing color from sunrise to sunset...and beyond!
Elizabeth Mott It's So BIG! Mascara - deluxe sample - $8 (Full size $20)

I'm always down to try a new mascara, even if its from a brand I've never heard of before. I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on Elizabeth Mott's It's so BIG! Mascara. The spoolie looks kinda mundane, but the packaging is cute, and I have high hopes for the formula. All Ipsy subscribers  received this mascara sample.


The Claims:
An ipsy exclusive launch! This mascara was created using a unique formula that delivers BIG volume and lengthens and curls your lashes without smudging! The hourglass brush ensures that you get the right amount of mascara applied to each lash. Use the It's So Big Volumizing Mascara with the Lash Card and watch your lashes grow bigger with each layer!
Jesse's Girl Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner - Full Size - $6.99

I've always wanted to try Jesse's Girl products, I check out their display at every trip to Rite Aid, but I never commit and buy anything. I'm very pleased to receive this liquid liner pen, I think its my favorite product in September's bag. The super fine tip is going to be amazing for application, though the black shade doesn't seem to be as dark as I'd like it to be. 

The Claim:
This true black liquid liner creates a bold, precise, ultra-fine line that's both waterproof and smudge-proof. The unique, caligraphy-style brush allows you to create lines as thin as one millimeter!

Total value of my September Bag:
$41!

Not bad at all for $10, and four full sized products. I'm very excited to try the mascara and liquid liner. However, I beg Ipsy, please stop sending J.Cat products. Please. And speed up your shipping if you can. Otherwise, I'm pleased with September's bag. Speaking of the bag, I actually quite like it, its one of the cuter bags Ipsy has sent out lately. The blue bag with bold black print got quite a lot of hate on Ipsy's site, but I'm a fan. 



Deals were not included in this post because they've expired. Sorry. 



This post contains an affiliated link/referral code.

3 comments

  1. A lot of those products look really good. I keep telling myself I will sign up with Ipsy someday but it hasn't happened yet.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't my ideal combination of goodies, but four full sized products for $10 can't be beat no matter what you get. I hope you enjoy Ipsy if you sign up :3

      Delete