October Ipsy Bag- The Art of Beauty




Once again, sorry this is going up quite late. Ipsy's theme for October was The Art of Beauty. The bag was simple, white with a fuchsia zipper and lining. "Love of beauty is taste, The creation of beauty is art" is printed on each bag. This month, Ipsy gave each subscribers five deluxe or full sized products. Ipsy teamed up with Zoya, Buxom, Ole Henrikson, Sexy Hair, Coastal Scents, H2o+, LA Fresh, Ofra, Nourish Organic, Be Delectable, Starlooks, and Wet n Wild in the month of October. Of these 12 partnerships, 6 of them were first time appearances, which is great, I'm very happy that Ipsy is branching out. This month, Ipsy sent out 5 products+a special sample to each subscribers. For more information on Ipsy, read my thoughts on this monthly subscription. Ipsy costs $10/month (shipping included). Click through to see what I got.

All subscribers  received a pamphlet for Em Cosmetics by Michelle Phan, founder of Ipsy. This pamphlet includes swatch style samples of a handful of Em Cosmetics products.
LA Fresh Oil Free Face Cleanser Wipes - Full Size (10 wipes) - $2.49

Ugh. I would've loved to have gotten any of the three other skin care products but not this one. I really didn't like the LA Fresh wipes sent to us in March's Bag. Hopefully these will be better. These towelettes seem to be loaded with fruit extracts.

The Claims:
The La Fresh® Eco-Beauty® Oil-Free Face Cleanser Wipes gently cleanses and detoxifies skin. Contains pineapple, vitamin E, cucumber, marshmallow, oat, aloe and chamomile extracts. These wipes are biodegradable, compostable and are packaged using clean, renewal solar energy. Paraben-free.
Style Sexy Hair Spray Clay Texturizing Spray - travel size - $6 (Full size $18.95).

Style Sexy Hair is the newest branch of Sexy Hair products. I typically like Sexy Hair products, so I look forward to experimenting with this spray. Not gonna lie, I have no idea what to expect from a 'spray clay'. It offers level 1 shine and level 7 hold. From my understanding, that means this stuff is pretty intense. 

The Claims:
The Sexy Hair Spray Clay Texturizing Spray Clay creates and allover textured look with a matte finish. This spray allows for a fine and even product distrbution and is great for all hair types.
Zoya Nail Lacquer in Mason - Full Size - $8. 

All subscribers received a full size Zoya nail polish in Mason, Neve, or Giovanna. Personally, I can't wear nail polish, and I know someone who would love this shade, so I'll be passing it on. Every shade Ipsy sent out is beautiful though - rich jewel shades. I have some personal issues against Zoya that I'd rather not go into. When it comes to the actual product, I find Zoya's formulas hit or miss. When they're good, they're some of the best polishes you can buy, when they're bad they're still alright, just not worth the price. 

The Claims:

Part of the Fall 2013 CASHMERES & SATINS Collection, these shades are created to work together with this season's most stylish runway designs and luxurious fabric blends. These ultra long-wearing, glossy nail lacquers by Zoya are BIG5FREE - free of toluene, camphor, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin and dibutyl phthalate (DBP

Bella Terra Mineral Shimmer in Navy - Deluxe Sample - $12 (full size $14.99)

Subscribers that received Bella Terra Mineral Shimmers got either Navy or Emotion (a burgundy, I believe). I've never heard of Bella Terra Cosmetics before, but I'm already impressed! This pigment is...pigmented, to say the least! And the texture? Soft but not powdery. This seems like good stuff to me. 

The Claims:
It's easy to create a variety of looks with Bella Terra Mineral Cosmetics Mineral Shimmers! As an 8-in-1 product, the Mineral Shimmers are a creamy eye shadow, matte eyeshadow, eyeliner, lip color, nail polish, mascara, body glitter, and hair color for fun hair streaks! Available for purchase in 60 luminous and luxurious shades.
Coastal Scents Medium Shadow Brush - $2.49

I love receiving brushes! This one though, is a bit of a let down. The bristles are soft, but a little flimsy and pretty prone to shedding. I've washed it twice and it lost about six bristles each time. This brush can be used for packing on product and basic blending. This is about 2x the size of an ELF Eyeshadow Brush

The Claims:
The Coastal Scents Shadow Brush is a medium sized brush made out of natural fibers that is wide in shape and condensed to allow an even distribution of eyeshadow on the lid. This professional cosmetic brush can be used for shading the crease and highlighting the brow bone with complete precision.

Total Value of my October Bag:
$31

That's a little low. I like the products I received, for the most part, but I would've loved to have received the Buxom or Ofra Gloss, and the H2o+ Moisturizer instead of the Coastal Scents brush and LA Fresh face wipes. Comment below and tell me what you got, or what you wish was in your October Ipsy Bag. My Ipsy posts will be back on schedule in November. 


Product values found on Zadidoll.com

This post contains an affiliated link/referral code. 

Leave a Comment

  1. The bag is really cute! I'm not sure I would have been very pleased with the things inside it if I had received it though.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it definitely isn't the best Ipsy bag I've received. At least I didn't get the Wet n Wild palette. I like their stuff, but if I got it in a subscription service I'd be a little pissed off.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...