Michael Todd Pumpkin Nutrient Rich Facial Mask Review




 I've heard a lot about Michael Todd's skincare range, but never really felt inclined to try their products. I received a deluxe sample of their Pumpkin Nutrient Rich Facial Mask in my August Ipsy Bag. Michael Todd says "this mask smells so much like fresh pumpkin you will think it's Thanksgiving. And exfoliant lovers will give Thanks! That tingle is the pumpkin enzyme combining with glycolic acid to go to town on your skin’s flaws dissolving impurities like dead skin and clogged pores. Adds brightness and radiance to the skin and significantly improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles after a single use. This facial mask contains 5% glycolic acid, making it a strong chemical exfoliant that should not be used on sensitive skin. The Pumpkin Nutrient Rich Mask contains 3.4 fl oz (100ml) and retails for $34. This mask is vegan friendly, cruelty free, organic, and made in the USA. Michael Todd products seem to be exclusively available on the brand's website, which ships worldwide.

My 30ml (1 fl oz) sample of Michael Todd's Nutrient Rich Mask comes in a light purple squeeze tube with a darker purple flip top cap. The brand logo, product name, and a few claims are printed on the front of the tube. A longer description, directions, information on the side effects of glycolic acid, and a full ingredient list can be found on the back of the tube. The full sized product comes in very different packaging.
Michael Todd's Pumpkin Nutrient Rich Mask looks like smashed pumpkins and smells like it too. I absolutely cannot take pumpkin in any form, the smell of it makes me feel quite ill so I have a difficult time using this face mask. Once I manage to get passed the strong and nauseating (in my opinion) scent, I find this mask difficult to apply in an even layer. Immediately upon application, Michael Todd's Pumpkin Nutrient Rich Mask begins to burn, though the discomfort subsides after 2-3 minutes. Michael Todd advises using this mask once every one or two weeks for 5-10 minutes at a time. My skin tolerates glycolic acid very well, but the first two times I used this mask it was difficult for me to keep it on for the allotted time. Rinsing away the pumpkin mask is pretty easy. I gotta be honest, I don't see any amazing results after using this mask. My skin looks a little more luminous and it feels softer, but the effects aren't long lasting and not really worth my discomfort. I can't say that the Pumpkin Nutrient Rich Mask unclogs pores or fixes fine lines.
This review was more negative than I anticipated. The way Michael Todd's products were getting rave (mostly sponsored) reviews, I thought this mask would give at least some noticeable results. Its completely likely that this mask is benefiting my skin on a level I can't see - as I said my skin seems to love glycolic acid. However, if I want to reap the benefits of glycolic acid I'd much rather repurchase Julep's Glycolic Scrub, which doesn't irritate my skin or smell like overwhelmingly strong pumpkin. Pumpkin lovers would probably go nuts for Michael Todd's Nutrient Rich Mask, but it just isn't for me. 



Ingredients:
Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin), Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharinum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Vegetable Glycerin, Glycolic Acid (5%), Sodium Benzoate, Glucolactone, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Phenoxyethanol, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Oil, Xanthan Gum (Polysaccharide Gum), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Cinnamomum Cassia (Cinnamon) Bark, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Powder, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai Fruit) Pulp Powder, Myristica Fragrans (Nutmeg) Powder, Pimenta Officinalis (Allspice) Powder, Rosmarinus Officnalis (Rosemary Oleoresin), Azadirachta Indica (Neem) Oil.


This post contains an affiliated link/referral code. 

Leave a Comment

  1. I, too, received the sample size of this my Ipsy bag and after reading so many great reviews about the brand, I was excited to try. First couple of times, it was ok. The burning sensation wasn't pleasant but as you said, no significant results seen and after the third use, I broke out with little red bumps and I haven't used it since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you had that experience =( I've used this between 5-6 times and it hasn't done anything but make my nose slightly red. I've heard lots of great stuff about the charcoal scrub that was also sent, I wish I got that =(.

      Delete
  2. I'm with you there on the smell of pumpkins. I just can't seem to like it, and it's really gross.. I have a similar problem with coconut and pineapple. :( I'm sorry this didn't work out for you, and thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate the smell of coconut too, usually, but I love pineapple.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...