Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream Review (Light)




 Maybelline's Dream Pure BB Cream is the brand's "1st blemish fighting BB packed with eight great skin benefits! With 2% Salicylic Acid and SPF 15. For oily - combination skin." Maybelline goes as far as to call Dream Pure the "1 step wonder to healthy skin today, clearer skin tomorrow". The eight benefits this product boasts are:

  • 2% Salicylic Acid+Vitamins
  • Conceals imperfections
  • Reduces blemishes
  • Calms Redness
  • Oil free, non greasy
  • Minimizes pores
  • Adjusts to skin tone
  • SPF 15
I believe this BB Cream is exclusive to Australia and England, let me know if it's available in your country as well. Unfortunately, Maybelline offers only two shades - light and medium, I'll be reviewing light. The Dream Pure BB Cream contains 30ml (1 fl oz). I picked my tube up at Priceline for about $17 AUD. Sadly, Maybelline products are tested on animals. This BB Cream was made in France.


 Maybelline's Dream Pure BB Cream comes in packaging nearly identical to that of it's better known sister product - Dream Fresh BB Cream. Dream Pure comes in a pale, opaque squeeze tube with a light blue cap. The product name is written on the tube in big, playful letters. The eight skin benefits, directions, and a full ingredient list can be found on the back of  the tube. All lettering on the tube is a very pretty light blue. Packaging is recyclable.
 Maybelline's Dream Pure BB Cream is more like a light foundation than a BB Cream in my opinion. Compared to the Dream Fresh BB, the Dream Pure BB is on the thicker, creamier side; though its an average consistency in comparison to your standard foundation. Maybelline's Dream Pure BB is a little fussy during application, it really needs to be worked into the skin. When applies with fingers this BB Cream can look streaky and fails to really meld with the skin, taking several minutes to dry down and set and even then it looks noticeable. On the other hand, this tinted moisturizer applies nicely with a damp sponge, though it sheers the product out significantly, so you may want to apply two layers. This 'acne fighting' BB Cream offers light coverage that can be built up to medium. I've never used a product with salicylic acid before, and I wasn't sure how my skin would react. Honestly, it didn't work out that well - it seems as though Maybelline's Dream Pure BB Cream gave me acne instead of fighting it. After my first application I developed a handful of large, hard, painful pimples - the remainders of which can be seen in my before&after shot. I also noticed that my skin on my outer cheeks developed a bumpy texture with mild itchiness. The reaction only increased after each application. I'm not sure if my skin is just reactive to salicylic acid or if this product is comedogenic. Short term, this BB Cream is good for controlling oil, but the wear time is short, varying between 3-6 hours. This base product does not stand up well to the the heat. This is a fragrance free product, but it has a bit of a chemically smell that does linger for a few minutes.
 Light is an alright match for me, as usual it is a shade or two dark for me, but works out if I blend it down my neck, which is darker and warmer than my face. As promised, this BB Cream does adjust to my skin tone to an extent - enough to make it wearable. Light is a neutral to slightly yellow toned shade that's definitely on the darker end of the "light" spectrum, if you know what I mean. Dream Pure goes on luminous, but dries to a natural matte finish. This shade is really good for neutralizing my abundant redness (some of which caused by this very product).
[Thanks, Dream Pure][1 layer applied with fingers]
Things didn't really work out well between Maubelline's Dream Pure BB Cream and I. I feel like I'm probably sensitive to the salicylic acid in this product. For a product targeted to oily skins, it doesn't wear very well on my normal to combo skin. Coverage is decent, though you need to take your time to work with the finnicky formula. Light is workable for me, though I'd appreciate a light shade. The shade range is extremely limited - which is an unfortunately common problem in Australia. I'll spare my skin the potential damage and discontinue use. I recommend this product only to those who know that their skin tolerates salicylic acid well. 


Ingredients:
Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Glycerin, Diisostearyl Malate, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Salicyric Acid, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxythyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg-9, Dipropylene Glycol.

May contain: 
CI 77891, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499 

Leave a Comment

  1. I'm American, and I would love to try this bb cream! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thang =D Email me at neonchipmunkmakeup@gmail.com with your shipping info?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...