Batiste Blush Dry Shampoo Review

 Batiste Dry Shampoo is the "quick and convenient way to get soft, clean, and fresh smelling hair without water. Batiste offers an instant fix by revitalizing greasy, dull, and lifeless hair. Batiste thickens thin, flyaway hair and adds texture and body for that easy style solution. Simply spray it on and comb it out." Batiste offers their dry shampoo in six scents - I'm reviewing Blush. These dry shampoos are also offered in a variety of sizes - Extra Value, Standard (5.5 fl oz/95g, $8) and Purse (1.6 fl oz/30g, $4). I picked up a purse sized can at Priceline for $4AUD. Batiste does not test on animals. This dry shampoo is made in England.

 Batiste Dry Shampoos come in recyclable metal aerosol cans with a plastic spray nozzle. Simple enough. Product can be sprayed out at any angle, even upside down. Each scent has a cute matching design. Blush's cans are pink with pink flowers. The brand name is printed across the can in deep green letters. The back of the can offers product information, directions, safety information, and an ingredient list.
 I feel like I'm the last beauty blogger to jump on the dry shampoo band wagon. Is not that dry shampoo didn't appeal to me, it appeals to me too much. I already can't be bothered to wash my hair as often as I should - is it really a good idea to give me a product that'll help me go longer between washes? No, not at all, but when you have bangs, oily hair can be a nightmare, so I vowed to make Batiste's Dry Shampoo a bangs only product. Batiste recommends vigorously shaking, then holding the can 30cm (12 inches) from the scalp, spraying and massaging product through the hair as needed. I've been following those directions with great results! Batiste's Dry Shampoo absorbs excess oils without being drying. Rubbing this dry shampoo in only increases oil absorption while adding noticeable volume. This dry shampoo doesn't leave my hair hard or sticky - it feels like natural, clean hair just minutes after application. This product comes out of the can white but does not leave a light cast on my dark red hair. The oil obliterating effect lasts at least 12 hours on an average day.
 Batiste's Blush scent is described as "the essence of femininity, Blush is the floral, flirty way to turn heads." The scent is quite flowery and girly, but not overpoweringly so. There's a bit of an aerosol-y tone to it at first, but it fades away quickly, leaving behind a touch of floral fragrance. Blush isn't a long lasting scent, it's gone within 10 minutes, which is fine by me. I want a dry shampoo to remove oil, not make my hair smell pretty.
[my lovely, greasy haired model Dean]
I'm really impressed by Batiste's Dry Shampoo! This dry shampoo takes away excess oil without drying out my hair or scalp; overall the formula plays nice with my henna dyed hair. What's truly impressive about Batiste's Dry Shampoo is that it adds body without residue or a sticky, stiff feeling. I'm pretty neutral about the Blush scent, I don't love it or hate it. I think I'll try Cherry next time, mainly because I love the design of the can. On the subject of the can, packaging for Batiste Dry Shampoo is both user friendly and pleasing to the eye. Batiste Dry Shampoo has completely changed the way I style and maintain my fringe. I will definitely purchase a full sized can and highly encourage all of my readers to try a can of Batiste Dry Shampoo. 



Ingredients:
Butane, Isobutane, Propane, Rice Starch, Alcohol Denat, Fragrance, Coumarin, Eugenol, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropinol, Linalool, Disteryldinonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride 


that's a lot of accelerants. remind me not to use this before going to work. 

6 comments

  1. I love this! I have been wanting to try out the Batiste dry shampoos. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, thank you! I hope you love it if you pick up a can. <3

      Delete
  2. I'm obsessed with Batiste! It's the only dry shampoo I've found that makes my hair feel clean when I haven't washed it in days. I typically buy mine from drugstore.com since they're about a dollar cheaper than in stores. Such an amazing, amazing product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip about where to find this for cheap! I'm glad this dry shampoo works so well for you.

      Delete