Lime Crime Crema de Limon Nail Polish Review




 Lime Crime is a brand I've been curious about for a long time. The colors, packaging, and products all appeal to me. At the same time, Doe Deere, the owner of the company is known for being sketchy, and that scared me away from the brand. A few months back I received a full sized Lime Crime Nail Polish in the shade Crema de Limon as a bonus referral gift from Ipsy. The company doesn't offer a description of their nail polish formula. Each polish contains 9ml (.3 oz) and retails for $8. Lime Crime does not test on animals, this nail polish is vegan friendly. Lime Crime's nail polishes are made in the USA. The easiest place to buy Lime Crime is through the brand's website (which ships to all but two countries), but it is also available at a handful of boutiques throughout the world.

 Lime Crime's nail polish comes in a purple and white cardboard box. The shade name can be found on the top of the box, a full ingredient list is on the bottom. The Lime Crime polish comes in a square, matte gloass bottle topped with a round black cap. My cap detaches from the top of the brush, which is quite annoying. The signature purple unicorn and Lime Crime logo grace the front of the bottle. I thought that it was worth mentioning that my bottle arrived quite dirty with spilled polish on the front and bottom. Lime Crime's brush is short, flat, and slightly stiff with no splayed bristles.
 Lime Crime's Crema de Limon suffers from many of the problems commonly associated with yellow nail polish. Streaky, not very opaque, chippy, and not that great. The consistency is pretty average, but this polish separates on the nail. Crema de Limon needs three coats to achieve opacity. Even after three coats there is still some evident streaking. Dry time is alright, a little bit longer than a minute per coat. I've worn Crema de Limon three or four times on my fingers and once on my toes and I was quite underwhelmed by it's staying power. I get a maximum on two days of wear before severing chipping sets in. This lacquer even chipped on my toes! Good news is Crema de Limon removes easily and does not stain.
 Crema de Limon is a mid toned pastel yellow with a cream finish. The finish isn't particularly shiny and it definitely dulls down after a day of wear. Crema de Limon oxidizes as well - in the bottle and at application this is a light lemon tart like color, but it morphs into a brighter, deeper, warmer, sunnier yellow as it wears. I'm not really one for pastels or yellows, so I'm not in love with Crema de Limon personally.
Lime Crime's Crema de Limon Nail Polish is kinda meh for me. Packaging is very cute. The price is high, considering you get a smaller than average amount of product, but really you're paying for packaging. The formula isn't that great, but bear in mind that this is a yellow polish which are rarely good. I'm not crazy about this pastel yellow, but that's just a matter of personal preference. I'm not sure but I think Crema de Limon may be being discontinued, it was the only polish being sold at the Lime Crime booth at the Sydney IMATS, and it was steeply discounted. I wouldn't repurchase this nail polish and really I think I'll end up swapping it away. 


Ingredients:
Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Nitrocellulose, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycole/Trimellitic Anhydride Copoylmer, Trimethyl Pentanyl, Diisobutyrat, Triphenyl Phosphate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Diacetone Alcohol, Citric Acid, Benzophenone 1

May Contain: 
Aluminum Powder, Bismuth Oxychloride, Oxides, Red 34, Red 6, Red 7, Blue 1, Yellow 5, Yellow 11, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Violet 2


I received this product by redeeming rewards/referral points

This post contains affiliated links/referral codes.

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...