Balea Pink Grapefruit Moisturizing Body Wash Review

 Balea is the home brand of Shoppers Drug Mart, a Canadian drugstore chain. The brand says "revive you spirit with Balea Moisturizing Pink Grapefruit Body Wash. It's special moisture bead formula is enriched with grapefruit oil and will leave skin feeling soft and fresh." My friend Steph sent me a massive 532ml (18 fl oz) bottle of this shower gel in a recent swap. This shower gel sells for $4.99 CAD. Balea does not test on animals. This shower gel was made in Canada.

 Balea's Pink Grapefruit Moisturizing Body Wash comes in a massive clear plastic bottle topped with a pink flip top cap. Packaging is recyclable. The label affixed to the front of the bottle features the Balea logo, pink grapefruit slices, and the product name. The back of the bottle offers a description, directions, and a full ingredient list.
 Balea's Pink Grapefruit Moisturizing Body Wash is a pink, moderately viscous gel with pearly white moisturizing beads. This is a low lathering shower gel and I find that I need to use quite a lot of it. Balea's body wash rinses cleanly. Something about this shower gel feels slightly tingly on the skin, which is quite pleasant. The Pink Grapefruit Moisturizing Body Wash isn't really moisturizing, I don't think it imparts anything beneficial into the skin, but it does leave my skin feeling superficially silky.

I'm pretty fond of grapefruits but I don't get to eat them very often, so the scent of this Balea Body Wash makes me pretty happy. This shower gel smells very citrusy and effervescent. The bubbly nature of the scent kinda reminds me of ginger ale (another personal favorite). Though its a pretty basic scent I really enjoy it. Sadly, the scent doesn't linger on the skin at all.
 I'm not impressed by any aspect of the Balea's Pink Grapefruit Moisturizing Body Wash, but it gets the job done. Really, I have no choice since it's the only shower gel I brought with me to Australia, so we're stuck together for the next 8 weeks. The formula is average. On the other hand, I really like the scent a lot, its fruity and bubbly but not too strong. Balea's Body Wash is an excellent value - you get loads of it for just $5! I wouldn't repurchase Balea's Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel, but if you like grapefruit scents it may be worth checking out.


Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfum, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, DMDM Hydatoin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Peach Kernel Oil, Benzophenon 4, Grapefruit Peel Extract, Gelatin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Mica, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Mineral Oil, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4, Red 40, Red 33

1 comment