Avon Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover Lotion Review

 Talk about an old classic, Avon's Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover Lotion was the first makeup remover I ever used - actually it was the only one I used for at least six years. After struggling to find another makeup remover that really worked for me long term, I decided to pick up another bottle of Moisture Effective when it was last on sale. Avon says this classic makeup remover will "moisturize around the delicate eye area as it whisks away makeup." A 60ml (2 fl oz) bottle sells for $4, but its frequently on special for as low as 99c. Avon products are not tested on animals. This makeup remover is made in America. Avon products can be bought through the brand's website, or ordered via a local sales representative.

 The Moisture Effective Makeup Remover comes in a white plastic bottle with a black flip top cap. The product name is printed on the front of the bottle. On the back of the bottle you'll find directions, a full ingredient list and some miscellaneous information. Packaging does not seem to be recyclable. The cap needs to be kept clean to avoid buildable. Product bubbles within the bottle, causing it to spontaneously spurt out of the bottle.
 Avon's Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover is a white, creamy lotion with a water and mineral oil base. Personally, I prefer oil based makeup removers, they just work better for me. To use, I give my eye area a quick splash of water, then apply a generous amount of Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover Lotion and let it sit for roughly 20 seconds. Wiping it away reveals a mostly clean eye area. Avon's makeup remover takes off all my eyeshadow and at least 90% of my mascara and eyeliner. The bits that are left behind are loosened up enough to come completely off with my cleanser. Moisture Effective is, as the name implies, fairly moisturizing. This eye makeup remover is gentle as well, I've never experienced any irritation while using it, even if I get it directly on my eyeball. Moisture Effective can cause slight, short lived blurry vision if it comes in contact with your eye, but mineral oil will do that. My only complaint is that I feel like I go through a bottle fairly quickly. Another great bonus about Moisture Effective is that its fragrance free.
Why did I ever stop using Avon's Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover Lotion? That was stupid of me, this stuff is great and so, so affordable! After completing this review it came to my attention that Avon recently stopped offering this makeup remover. I decided to post it anyway, since Avon usually ends up bringing discontinued products back by popular demand. If you've been a long time lover of Moisture Effective and are looking to replace it with a similar product, Hard Candy's Take it Off! Makeup Remover is similar in price and consistency but isn't as good at getting every last bit of makeup off. If and when Avon brings back their Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover back, I recommend checking it out, especially if you can get it for a dollar. Now I'm gonna go bug my Avon Lady to see if she can hook me up with a few more bottles of this makeup remover somehow. 

Ingredients:
Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, PEG 40  Stearate, Isodecyl Oleate, Stearth 2, Cetly Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Trithanolamine, PEG 4, DMDM Hydatoin, Carbomer, Iodopropynyl  Butylcarbamate 


2 comments

  1. I tried this but I didn't really like it. I'd bought a few bottles since they were on sale too...I gave them to my mom and it worked well for her! x

    natalielovesbeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it didn't work for you, but that's great that your mom likes it. =D

    ReplyDelete