Sample Say So: Minerals by Bee Eyebright Anti-Puffiness Gelee Review

 Minerals by Bee and I have never gotten along, so I'm pleased to finally be reviewing my last sample from the brand. Minerals by Bee claims that the Eyebright Anti-Puffiness Gelee "reduces under eye puffiness, nourishes and revitalizes, adds moisture while calibrating and binding. It lifts and firms, helps to eliminate toxins, improve elasticity and is very rich in antioxidants". That's a whole lot of claims. I received a .5g (.17 oz) sample of the Eyebright Anti-Puffiness Gelee in a packet of free samples. The full size of this de-puffing gel contains .5 oz (14.2 g) and sells for $20. Minerals be Bee products can be bough through the brand's website. Bee Edwards, the owner of this Iowa based business claims that these products are cruelty free and hand made to order. That's a lie though, these products are a repackaged form a brand called Credentials, which is produced by CBI Skin Care, that offers a "Lose the Label" program, so their products can be labeled by any seller.

 My sample of the Eyebright Anti-Puffiness Gelee came in a grey and white foil packet. The product name and a tiny Minerals by Bee sticker can be found on the front of the packet, directions are printed on the back. The full size of this product seems to come in a small, white squeeze tube. As mentioned in a previous Minerals by Bee review, their packaging immediately tipped me off that these products are repackaged.
 I expected Minerals by Bee's Eyebright Anti-Puffiness Gelee to be kinda like Hard Candy's Eye'm Tired Eye De-Puffing Serum, but it isn't. This product is more of a gel texture eye cream. I felt like the Eyebright Anti-Puffiness Gelee did absolutely nothing for my early morning eye puffiness, but it feels cooling and fairly moisturizing. I want to go as far as to say that this product plumps up the under eye a little bit, and it seemingly brightens, but I don't think I got enough uses out of this little packet to confirm that. I liked this eye gel for morning eye moisturizer, but I found it inconvenient because it takes several minutes to sink in completely and it feels a little stick until its fully sunken in. Minerals by Bee's eye gel is lightweight and seemingly fragrance free.
I'm pretty neutral about Minerals by Bee's Anti-Puffiness Eye Gelee. This product doesn't de-puff at all, so it fails to live up to it's biggest claim. However, its moisturiziner and potentially brightening. If you're looking for serious de-puffing without breaking the bank, skip this stuff and get Hard Candy's Eye'm Tired instead. I don't recommend this product, and I advise my readers to avoid dishonest brands like Minerals by Bee as a whole. You're much better off ordering from Credentials.

Ingredients Unavailable
I received this sample for free in a promotion run by the brand. 


5 comments

  1. shame these didn't wow you! nice post!

    Lorraine xx
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not like you have puffy eyes really anyway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I do, like when I get up early for work and you're still asleep =(

      Delete
  3. I hate when companies are allowed to do this "rebranding." What ever happened to developing your own products for your own brand??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the rebranding, so much as the dishonesty that surrounds it. Don't say bullshit like you hand make it to order n'at.

      Delete