Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening Base&Top Coat Review




 Sally Hansen's Double Duty Strengthening Base&Top Coat is an "all-in-one patented strengthening base and top coat works double time...for double protection. As a base coat, Double Duty moisturizes and hydrates nails with panthenol. As a top coat, Double Duty protects with nylon." I'm not really a fan of base or top coats, so I instantly had my doubts about this product. I received this polish from Free Beauty Events in exchange for promoting their giveaway. The Double Duty Base&Top Coat contains .45 fl oz (13.3 ml) and retails for around $5. Sally Hansen nail products are toluene, DBT, and formaldehyde free. Sally Hansen is owned by Coty, a company with questionable animal testing policies. This product was made in America.

 If anything, I like the Double Duty Base&Top Coat's packaging. The glass bottle is rectangular with rounded edges. The front of the bottle is round, the back is flat, which is pretty unique. The front label features the product name and Sally Hansen logo. The back label offers application tips. This bottle is topped with a light blue cap. Double Duty's brush is decent, its long and very flexible with clear bristles.
 Sally Hansen's Double Duty Strengthening Base&Top Coat is a very thin, clear polish with an extremely pungent scent. Double Duty makes a nice clear coat when used on it's own, and it functions just like any basic base coat by providing a smooth surface for application and preventing stained nails. Sally Hansen's Double Duty is an awful top coat in my experience. It doesn't give a very glossy shine, and it seems to shorten the wear of any polish I apply it over. I have enough trouble keeping polish on as it is, Sally. The good news? It dries super fast, dry to the touch after 45 seconds.
I'm not really loving Sally Hansen's Double Duty Strengthening Base&Top Coat. I like the packaging and the price is fair. Double Duty is a decent clear polish and base coat, but it does the opposite of what a top coat should do. This polish is very easy to work with and quick drying, but the scent is pretty overpowering. I wear clear polish pretty often, so I'll continue to wear Sally Hansen's Double Duty on it's own, but I won't be using it with any other lacquers. I won't be repurchasing, nor do I recommend Sally Hansen's Double Duty Strengthening Base&Top Coat. 


Ingredients:
BUTYL ACETATE, ETHYL ACETATE, NITROCELLULOSE, ADIPIC ACID/NEOPENTYL GLYCOL/TRIMELLITIC ANHYDRIDE COPOLYMER, TRIMETHYL PENTANYL DIISOBUTYRATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, AQUA/WATER/EAU, ETOCRYLENE, BENZOPHENONE-1, PANTHENOL, NYLON-12, VIOLET 2


This product was sent to me by Free Beauty Events in exchange for promoting a giveaway.

Leave a Comment

  1. For some reason it doesn't dry that fast for me and that's the only thing I don't like about it. It dries fast as a base coat, but not a top coat. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I love Sally Hansen nail polishes/products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame you didn't like this, I have it and it works well for me! Love your blog, found you on the brightside beauty hop!
    conceptofbudd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...