Maybelline Forest Fatale Color Tattoo Pure Pigment Review

 Maybelline's new Color Tattoo Pure Pigments are the loose powder answer to their immensely popular Color Tattoo Gel Cream Shadows. Maybelline says "our color boost pigments create powerful color intensity. Intense pure pigments in our crease proof, long wearing formula create explosive color for wear up to 24 hours." Props to Maybelline for putting out a pigment on the drugstore level, while it isn't unheard of it isn't a common occurrence either. Maybelline offers a total of twelve shades to choose from, I'll be reviewing Forest Fatale, the only shade that I found interesting. Each Color Tattoo Pure Pigment contains 1.5g (.05 oz) and retails for $6.99 MSRP. I bought Forest Fatale at Ulta for $5.35. Sadly, Maybelline continues to test their products on animals. This eyeshadow was made in America.

 Maybelline's pigments come in clear, round, plastic pots with a black screw on lid. The shade name and number can be found on the cap. The bottom of the jar features a color matched label with the product name written on it in bold, reflective silver letters. Screwing off the cap reveals a "no mess sifter" that "guarantees easy application." I'm glad that Maybelline decided to include a sifter, I prefer them and I think it'll make use easier for those who aren't versed in loose eyeshadows. If you prevent your pigments without a sifter, good luck removing this one, it's wedged into the jar pretty well. Maybelline's pigment packaging may be on the plain side, but its very functional and easy to store. I assume the packaging is recyclable.
 Maybelline's Color Tattoo Pure Pigment in Forest Fatale is a soft, loose powder eyeshadow. I don't want to call the texture chunky, but it isn't smooth either, this pigment bunches up into tiny balls that are easily broken up. Forest Fatale causes surprisingly little fallout, its rare for me to need to clean up my under eye area after applying this shadow. Color payoff is good; sheer but definitely buildable. Forest Fatale has excellent blendability, application is a breeze, unless you try to work with it wet. Forest Fatale sucks when foiled, it becomes very sheer and smeary. Forest Fatale is at it's best when worn over any primer, but it pairs particularly well with the Color Tattoo Cream Gel Eyeshadow in Tough as Taupe. Maybelline's claim of 24 hour wear is complete bull, sorry, this pigment needs a primer to stay put. When worn over a primer or base, Forest Fatale holds up well throughout the day, with only a touch of creasing and no fading. Worn on it's own, this eyeshadow creases almost immediately and fades away completely in just a few hours.
 Forest Fatale was the only shade in the dozen that interested me. The shade selection is split between bold brights and shimmery neutrals, with Forest Fatale bridging the gap. This is a medium green with a grey undertone and a frost finish. I wouldn't call Forest Fatale duochromatic, but this color is definitely influenced by angles and accompanying colors. This shade can appear as a silvery green, a green with a grey ting, a bluish green, or even a grey with a green shimmer. I really love wearing Forest Fatale all over the lid with a tan shade in the crease and a deep purple linger along the top lash line. I think a color like this suits my dark eyes, fair skin, and red hair - its an odd mix and its not too often I find a non-neutral that doesn't clash with at least one of my features. The frost finish of Forest Fatale can be enhanced by applying it wet.
Most of the reviews I've seen for Maybelline's Color Tattoo Pure Pigments are pretty negative, but I don't think I've seen any reviews for Forest Fatale, maybe it's the hidden gem in this line. I line this pigment, its easy to apply if used dry and it wears well over a primer. Wear is pretty pitiful without a primer, but why aren't you using one? That's silly. Forest Fatale is a lovely, unique, silvery green. I really love it, if you're also a red head you may want to check this shade out. I recommend this shade, but be careful if you choose another shade of Maybelline's Color Tattoo Pure Pigments, the general opinion on them seems negative. I doubt I'll be picking up the other colors, but I'm glad I got this one. 

Ingredients:
Dimethicone, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triisocetyl Citrate, Aloe Barbadensis / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Chamomilla Recutita Extract / Matricaria Flower Extract.

May Contain: 
Mica, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake.

2 comments

  1. Mary got a tattoo without me ;-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting cosmetic, I am looking for color for me ;)

    ReplyDelete