Lush Aqua Marina Cleanser Review




Lush's Aqua Marina is an "amazing seaweed cleansing roll". After having such a positive experience with Angels on Bare Skin, I was ready to try another Lush cleanser and Aqua Marina sounded really interesting. Lush wants to know if you remember "putting calamine lotion on bug bites as a child? Aqua Marina was made with the same principle in mind; using the soothing pink extract to reduce redness and inflammation in sensitive skin. Those who have a tendency to react to citrus or strong herbal oils will find salvation in Aqua Marina’s gentle aloe vera and moisturizing nori seaweed. Especially cooling on sun burnt faces, Aqua Marina is perfect for normal to dry skin types." Aqua Marina has a three month shelf life. I requested a sample of this seaweed and calamine cleanser during my last trip to the Lush in Macy's in Downtown Pittsburgh. Both of the employees I spoke to were very enthusiastic about Aqua Marina, calling it Lush's most gentle cleanser and their favorite product. I was given an extremely generous sample. Aqua Marina is available in two sizes; 3.5 oz ($13.95), and 8.8 oz ($28.95). Aqua Marina is a vegan friendly product. Lush is a cruelty free brand. This cleanser is made in Canada. 

 My sample of Aqua Marina came in a clear, plastic, oval shaped container. The full size comes in your standard black Lush container that we're all very familiar with. The Lush pot offers plenty of product information and a full ingredient list. Lush's black pots are recyclable, and are also subject to Lush's in store recycling program. Not familiar? All you do is bring back five clean black pots and you get a Fresh Face Mask of your choice. Aqua Marina is an interesting looking product, its meant to look like a sushi roll. Thhe pink center is wrapped up in fresh green seaweed.
 Aqua Marina is a soft, squishy, pink, calamine and kaolin clay based cleanser. The Lush employees I spoke to advised me to break off a tiny chunk and work it into a thin, milky consistency and then apply it to a wet face. This cleanser can be a little stubborn to rinse off, especially the seaweed bits. Aqua Marina is very gentle on the skin, it seems to absorb excess oil and mattify the skin without stripping it. Over a few days of use I noticed a slight reduction in redness on my nose and cheeks. I only use this cleanser in the morning, it fails to remove even the lightest makeup. Aqua Marina's results are very similar to that of Angels on Bare Skin, but without the gentle exfoliation. These two cleansers share two base ingredients - kaolin and glycerin, so I don't find it surprising that they perform in a similar way. Just like Angels on Bare Skin, Aqua Marina leaves my skin feeling soft and balanced, which is really all I look for in a morning cleanser. Gonna be honest, I think most Lush skincare products smell pretty weird, and Aqua Marina is no exception, it smells like a mix of calamine lotion and seaweed. Unpleasant.
Lush's Aqua Marina Cleansing Roll is a gentle, balancing cleanser that could be beneficial to many skin types, particularly combo to normal skin. Aqua Marina is really interesting. This cleanser is milky and moisturizing, it seems to nourish the skin while removing just the excess oils. Don't depend on this cleanser for heavy duty face washing, its more of an early morning refreshment for your skin. I'll finish off my very generous sample, but I won't purchase a full size of Aqua Marina; I feel like it works well for my skin, but I prefer Angels on Bare Skin. If you have easily irritated skin that needs help calming down, request a sample of Aqua Marina on your next trip to Lush. 


Ingredients:
Glycerine , Calamine Powder , Kaolin , Irish Moss Infusion (Chondrus crispus) , Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis) , Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride) , Nori Seaweed (Fucus vesiculosus) , Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus dulcis) , Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin) ,Carrageenan , Perfume

Leave a Comment

  1. I thought you loved seaweed though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this in my life. Is it just good for the face or body as well? I'm thinking people with eczema might really benefit from this as a body wash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it on the body, but I don't see why it couldn't be used there. Lush may have a similar soap, but I'm unsure. Let me know if you try this!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...