Thursday, August 1, 2013

L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation Review (Light Ivory 310)

 L'Oreal's Magic Nude Liquid Powder is an innovative new foundation that's said to be an affordable alternative to Giorgio Armani's Maestro Foundation. L'Oreal says this product will help you get "the ultimate un-makeup look. Revolutionary liquid transforms on contact, leaving a soft, powder like finish. This foundation is so amazingly lightweight, its like wearing no makeup at all. Just shake and apply, its magic!"  The concept of this foundation was too interesting for me to pass up. L'Oreal's Magic Nude Liquid Powder contains SPF 18 and is available in twelve shades. I'll be reviewing the lightest shade, Light Ivory (310). This foundation slightly less product than the norm, you get .9 fl oz (27ml). I bought my bottle of L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder at Ulta for $11 with a coupon. The MSRP is $12.95, though the actual price will vary depending on where you buy. Unfortunately, L'Oreal products are tested on animals. This foundation was made in America.

 I like the look of L'Oreal's Magic Nude Liquid Powder's packaging, but it isn't very functional at all. This foundation comes a flat, square, glass bottle. The top half of the bottle is frosted, but the white frost fades away into translucency. The front label features the L'Oreal logo, a short claim, and of course the product name, written in reflective purple letters. The back of the bottle has a three page long drug facts label that offers mandated information about products containing SPF, as well as a full ingredient list. The bottle is topped with a purple plastic cap, the shade name and number can be found on the top of the cap. Twisting off the cap reveals the packaging's major downfall - a pour spout. Normally I'm not too fussed about a lack of pump, but L'Oreal's Magic Nude Liquid Powder is so thin that it's far too easy to over pour.
 I've never used a foundation anything like this before! I knew L'Oreal's Magic Nude Liquid Powder was going to be different when I saw "not recommended for use with a sponge or brush" printed on the back label. This foundation is barely more viscose than water. I immediately understood why L'Oreal recommends using fingers for this foundation's application, any other applicator would absorb most of the product. This unique liquid foundation is very easy to apply, it works right into the skin with minimal effort. I advise working in small sections, because this foundation dries very quickly. So L'Oreal claims that this foundation goes on as a liquid but dries as a powder, which sounds a little gimmicky doesn't it? But its not! This stuff morphs from liquid to powder as you blend it into the skin. I want to call the liquid to powder transformation magic, because it seems like it is, but I assume this foundation contains a lot of alcohol, which evaporates and leaves behind powder like pigments. That's my best guess at least, I'm not a scientist. L'Oreal kept their promise of a no-makeup look, this is one of the most natural looking foundations I've ever used. Coverage is light and not very buildable. L'Oreal's Magic Nude Liquid Powder gives enough coverage to even out my complexion as a whole, and diminishes the majority of my minor acne scars, but I still need a concealer for larger skin issues. Avoid this foundation if you have any dry patches, because it'll cling in a very gross looking way. Aside from that, I love the way Magic Nude Liquid Powder looks and feel son the skin; its completely weightless with a skin like finish and feel. There's a very slight powdery appearance to the finish that isn't overly matte or cakey - a spritz of a setting spray will erase any trace of powder. Provided you're not doing a whole lot of sweating, L'Oreal's Magic Nude Liquid Powder wears very well, it lasts all day with minimal oil breakthrough.
 I've never bought a L'Oreal foundation before, so I was nervous about choosing a shade. Would they have a shade light enough for me? I've seen that they have a massive shade selection for some of their products, and very limited ranges for others. As usual, I blindly chose the lightest shade and hoped for the best. Light Ivory (310) is a good match for me. Its not spot on perfect quite the way Maybelline's Fit Me in 110 is, but its close enough. Light Ivory has a yellow undertone that's just a hair too strong for my skin, but aside from that its great.
Sorry, Revlon's Nearly Naked, but L'Oreal's Magic Nude Liquid Powder is my new favorite foundation. I've never tried anything quite like this before. Packaging is attractive, but not very functional. The consistency of this liquid to powder foundation is super thin. Light coverage comes together with a natural finish to create my ideal foundation. I've experienced nothing but excellent wear from the Magic Nude Liquid Powder, which seems to be the general consensus among other users as well. If you have dry skin or flaky skin, skip this L'Oreal foundation for a more moisturizing option, but if you have normal to oily skin you need this product in your life. I love this foundation, I've been reaching for it everyday since I bought it three weeks ago. I think I'll even repurchase it once I finish it. L'Oreal's Magic Nude Liquid Foundation is good stuff, I definitely recommend it if you have the appropriate skin type. 

Ingredients:
3% Octinoxate (sunscreen)
Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloaxe, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Phenyl Trimtheticone, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Water, Propylene Carbonate, Disodium Stearoyl Glumate, Aluminum Hydroxide

May Contain:
Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides 

5 comments:

  1. Great review! I was interested in the GA foundation, but I'm not convinced it will work with my skin type, so I'm definitely going to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope this foundation works out well for you.

      Delete
  2. I think I will have to stop by Ulta and pick one of these up to try out. I am in need of an alternative foundation. I've been bouncing back and forth between Revlon 12/hr liquid and bare minerals powder, now this could be the best of both worlds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The finish is kinda similar to Bare Minerals powders, so you should like that at least. =D

      Delete

Be nice. Don't use my comments as advertising space. Please don't ask for a follow back, I check every blog that follows me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...