Freeman Charcoal&Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask Review




 The Charcoal&Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask is the newest addition to Freeman's Feeling Beautiful line. Freeman says: "Polution…debris…it's a wonder skin can breathe! This unique mask and scrub works double time to detox skin. First, naturally purifying Activated Charcoal helps absorb oil and impurities without over-drying. The, Black Sugar helps exfoliate away dulling skin cells for softness and clarity. Perfect for all skin types." This product is packed with beneficial natural ingredients. I bought a .5 oz (15 ml) sample sized packet of this exfoliating mask at Walmart for about $1.50. The full size of this mask contains 6 fl oz and retails for $4 - I have yet to see the full size in store. Freeman is a cruelty free brand that offers relatively natural products. Freeman products are available through the brands website and at drugstores and major retailers in the US and Canada. This mask was made in America.

 Freeman's Charcoal&Black Sugar mask comes in a dark grey foil packet or squeeze tube. The front of the packaging features the Freeman logo, product name, and images of ground charcoal, black sugar, and sugar cane. The back offers a description and directions in English, French, and Spanish. I kinda hate Freeman's sample packets, they're so messy - I always suggest buying the full size of Freeman Feeling Beautiful Masks, they're a significantly better value and way more convenient to use and store.
 I wasn't sure what to expect from the Charcoal&Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask. Well, I expected it to be black and gritty, I suppose, but how was it going to benefit my skin? The Charcoal&Black Sugar Mask is a slightly oily but gritty, dark grey concoction that's rather difficult to spread over the skin. This mask has a warming sensation when first applied, but it quickly fades away. Freeman suggests leaving this mask on for 5-7 minutes, then massaging it over the skin for an additional minute before rinsing off. At no point does the Charcoal&Black Sugar mask dry, it stays pretty fluid on the skin is is very easily rinsed away. This mask is fairly abrasive, yet I don't find it irritating, nor does it seem to over exfoliate. The Facial Polishing Mask leaves my skin looking and feeling fresh, glowy, and soft, with a hint of moisture. I like to think that this mask has some sort of effect on my blackheads, but I have no real evidence to back that up. Freeman suggests using this mask twice a week, but I feel like this is more of a once a week product, at least for me, because I use Lush's Ocean Salt scrub every day. Freeman's Charcoal&Black Sugar mask smells kinda wonderful, like sweet berries (it does contain berry extracts).
 I love Freeman's Charcoal&Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask! I like most of the masks I've tried from this brand, but I believe this is my favorite. The texture of it is strange, oily and gritty at the same time, making it damn near impossible to apply smoothly, but believe me it is worth the fuss. This mask has an interesting warming feeling upon application. The Charcoal&Black Sugar mask exfoliates thoroughly, those with sensitive and easily irritated skin may want to avoid it or use it very infrequently. Those with oily skin and prone to blocked pores will enjoy this mask immensely. I definitely plan to buy the full size of this mask as soon as I can track it down (fellow blogger Kadie found it at her local CVS). I'm very pleased with this new mask and highly recommend it.

PS. I wonder if this is in any way similar to MAC's Volcanic Ash Exfoliator? I've always been curious about that!




Ingredients:
Sucrose, Propylene Glycol, Carbon,*Kaolin, Musa Sapientum (Banana) Fruit Extract , Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Maranta Arundinacea Root Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Nasturtium Officinale Extract, Aleurites Moluccana Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Carbomer, Fragrance (Parfum), Iron Oxide (CI 177491).
*Activated Charcoal

Leave a Comment

  1. I haven't seen this one, I use the mud mask from this line but this is new to me, I will have to see if we get this one here. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been so tempted to buy these when I see them but was too scared, i be giving it a try! Great review

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see pics with the mask on ;-;

    ReplyDelete
  4. This masks sounds great. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's at Bed, Bath, and Beyond in the full-size. I just got the Avocado and Oatmeal one from their!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found a full sized one at Rite Aid!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...