Covergirl Soft Sable Cheekers Blush Review




 Covergirl says "blush's basic rules - it has to be easy and it has to look natural. That's Cheekers. Each portable mini compact gives you a sheer blush that goes on to stay true and natural looking for hours. It's the way to glow!" Covergirl offers 18 shades of their Cheekers blush, I'm reviewing Soft Sable. I'm not a very big Covergirl fan, so I never paid any attention to their blush selection. This blusher contains 3g (.12 oz). I received this blush from Free Beauty Events in exchange for promoting a giveaway. This blush retails for between $3-5 and can be bought at drugstores and major retailers. Covergirl is a subsidiary of Proctor&Gamble, so their products are not cruelty free. Covergirl Cheekers blushes are made in America.

 Covergirl recently redesigned the packaging for their Cheekers blushes. I cant comment on the new packaging, but I'm glad they updated it, the old packaging looks flimsy and cheap. The old packaging was a grey, rectangular compact with a clear flip up lid. A label on the back of the compact offers the shade name and ingredient list. The blush it's self comes in a narrow rectangular pan, which is inconvenient if you prefer to use a large blush brush. Covergirl includes a tiny brush that's pretty useless. The bristles are scratchy, flimsy, with bristles that are prone to splaying and shedding. Ideally, I'd like to see Covergirl skip the crappy brush and widen the blush pan instead.
 The Covergirl Cheekers Blush in Soft Sable is much better quality than I expected! This blusher is well pigmented, it can go on rather strong, but can also blend out to a sheer flush of color with minimal effort. The texture of the Cheekers Blush is kinda impressive, soft but not at all powdery, there isn't a speck of excess powder kick up. Soft Sable wears pretty well, I get about seven hours of wear from it, which is good enough in my book. I also quite like using this blush on the eyes, where it wears and blends equally as well as it does on the cheeks. This blush is very strongly fragranced with a cinnamon like scent. Why? I don't really know, there really isn't a reason to have such a scented makeup product.
 Initially, I wasn't a fan of Soft Sable, but it grew on me over time. Soft Sable is a very warm rosy tan shade. There's a moderate amount of gold shimmer in Soft Sable that gives this blush a somewhat frosty finish. Soft Sable is such a strong color, I need to use a light hand when applying it. I feel that this shade can work on a wide range of skin tones depending on how strongly its applied. This isn't a color I'll reach for all the time, but its flattering when I wear it.
[left: strong swatch right: blended swatch]
Covergirl's Soft Sable Cheekers Blush is pretty good! I expected it to be powdery, chalky, or poorly pigmented, but it isn't any of those things at all! Soft Sable is smooth, soft, pigmented, and blendable. You can't ask for much more than that in a blush, especially one that costs only $4. Soft Sable is an interesting brown pink with a soft frosted sheen. Would I repurchase this blush? No, but I'll no longer overlook the Cheekers line; if I see a shade that catches my eye I won't hesitate to pick it up. I encourage you to look into Covergirl Cheekers blushes if you haven't. If you have, why didn't you tell me they were so good? 


Ingredients:
Talc, Oat Kernel Flour, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Fragrance, Polyoxymethylene Urea, Quaternium 15, Eucalyptus Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Camphor, Menthol, Propylparaben, Clove Flower Oil, Methylparaben, BHT, Mica, Titanium Dioxide

May Contain:
Iron Oxide, Carmine, Red 7, Ultramarine, Red 6, Yellow 5 


this product was sent to me in exchange for promoting a giveaway.

Leave a Comment

  1. It looks like a dupe for NARS Douceur! I don't think Douceur is shimmery but apart from it, it looks pretty close :P x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this review!

    Emma x
    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...