Saturday, August 17, 2013

Cailyn Cosmetics Line Fix Gel Eyeliner Review (Purple)

 Cailyn Cosmetics says "whether you are trying to create the eyes of a runway model or the classic look of Hollywood 60's stars, the Cailyn Line Fix Gel Eyeliner can make any style possible! Choose from 13 rich, deep, luminous colors! The easy to use built in brush makes it perfect for taking on-the-go. Create a chic yet casual look right before work, then update it for a night out with the girls. The Cailyn Line Fix Gel Eyeliner brushes on smooth and stays moist just long enough for wearers to perfect their look. Once dry, the gel is smudge proof and waterproof for 24 hours. The highly concentrated pigment of the liner creates lusciously smooth lines and is safe for sensitive eyes." I received a full size 4g (.14 oz) Line Fix Gel Eyeliner in Purple in my June Ipsy Bag. I'd never heard of Cailyn Cosmetics before they collaborated with Ipsy, they seem to have a nice selection of products, but they're a little pricey for a lesser known brand. This gel eyeliner retails for $21. Cailyn Cosmetics products are "mineral based", formulated without parabens, petrochemicals, propylene glycol, triclosan, and sulfates and are not tested on animals. This gel eyeliner was made in America. Cailyn Cosmetics products can be bough through the brand's website, which ships internationally to select countries.

 I simultaneously hate and enjoy this product's packaging. I was very taken aback by it's pyramid shaped box. The cardboard box is color matched to the product. The Cailyn logo runs down the box in silver lettering. Application tips are offers on two sides of the box. Inside this oddly shaped box was a round pot of get eyeliner with a massive cap and built in brush. A full ingredient list can found on the bottom of the jar. The included brush is decent, the brow bristles are stiff but not hard, they come to a nice point. This brush is pretty easy to use, but I prefer to use an angled eyeliner brush. I'm not sure if the brush is synthetic or naturally bristled.
 Cailyn's Line Fix Gel Eyeliner is so-so. In the jar, its on the harder side, but not difficult to pick up with a brush. Application is pretty easy, for the most part this gel liner glides along the lash line, but sometimes it can clump up on the brush or in the lashes. I've had mixed experiences with the wear. This eyeliner isn't waterproof, but I think its fairly water resistant. Line Fix is smudgeable for about 20 seconds before drying down and setting to be budge-free. The color fades throughout the day and some of the liner disappears. It doesn't smudge or flake off...where does it go? The eyeliner that does stick around is very difficult to remove, my makeup remover doesn't cut it, I need to use an oil to get it all off.
 Cailyn's Purple Line Fix Gel Eyeliner is a really flattering shade! In the pot it appears to be a dark blue-violet, which it is, but its much darker on the skin. The purple shade has a greyish undertone on my skin, and has a smokey, blackened effect to it. Smudging this liner, or applying it very lightly, will provide a slightly lighter, brighter hue. This deep purple is very pretty on my dark brown eyes. I find Cailyn's Purple very flattering, a dark color like this one is a fun way to wear color in a not-so-noticeable way.
There are certainly better gel eyeliners on the market, most for a more affordable price. Cailyn Cosmetics' Line Fix Gel Eyeliner is easy to apply, but it could wear much better. I feel like this product doesn't live up to it's waterproof claims, and really the '24 hour wear' is laughable - this liner can't even make it 10 hours. Packaging is bulky but convenient, the brush is much better quality than I expected. Pigmentation is good and the deep purple shade is both fun and wearable, I reach for it often. I'm happy that I received this gel eyeliner in my Ipsy Bag, I like gel liners and enjoy trying new ones, but I very rarely buy them for myself. I'll continue to use Cailyn Cosmetics Line Fix Gel Eyeliner, but I won't repurchase it nor do I recommend it. 


Ingredients:
RIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, MICA, ISODODECANE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CERESIN, BEESWAX, COPERNICIA CERIFERA(CARNAUBA) WAX, DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, FERRIC FERROCYANIDE(CI 77510), IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, 77492, 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE(CI 77891), ULTRAMARINES(CI 77007), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS(CI 77288), MICA(CI 77019), MANGANESE VIOLET(CI 77742)


This post contains affiliated links and/or a referral code. 

2 comments:

  1. *waves it around like a sword*

    ReplyDelete
  2. The packaging reminds me a lot of the Tony Moly Backstage Gel Eyeliner! This shade of purple looks so lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete

Be nice. Don't use my comments as advertising space. Please don't ask for a follow back, I check every blog that follows me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...