Balea Cream&Honey Exfoliating Face Treatment Review

 I love Balea's 3-in-1 Cleansing Cloths, so I was hyped to try their Cream&Honey Exfoliating Face Treatment. Balea, the home brand of Canadian drugstore chain Shopper's Drug Mart, says this hypoallergenic and dermatologist tested mask will "reveal smooth, healthy skin with this gentle exfoliant. Jojoba oil helps moisturize while cream and honey refresh your complexion. This treatment will transform skin to look and feel it's best." I received a 15 ml (.5 fl oz) packet of this mask in a swap with my friend Steph. I'm unsure of this product's price. Balea does not test on animals. This product was made in Canada.

 Balea's Exfoliating Face Treatment comes in a white packet with a honey comb design. The product name is printed on the front of the packet in both English and French. The back of the packet offers a description, directions, a warning, and a full ingredient list. Masks in packets annoy me.
 The Cream&Honey Exfoliating Face Treatment seemed so promising, it has a lot of beneficial ingredients. This mask is white and creamy in consistency with little pieces of pumice in it. Balea's Cream&Honey mask is very pliable and easy to spread on the skin. Initially, this treatment feels cooling and pleasant, but after less than a minute it turns to a painful, tingly burning sensation. I thought perhaps it was from a chemical exfoliating agent, but I don't see any in the ingredients list.. Balea recommends leaving this mask on for 10-15 minutes, but I just can't do it, after five minutes my skin is begging me to rinse it off. I don't have sensitive skin, so a reaction like this is quite rare for me. Luckily, rinsing this mask off is easy as it doesn't completely dry in the few minutes I keep it on. Balea's treatment leaves my skin feeling soft and taut to the touch, but it feels irritated and uncomfortable. The bulk of the irritation affects my inner cheeks and near my piercings. It takes a couple hours for the discomfort to die down, my cheeks are still burning as I type this. Naturally, I assumed that I was having a reaction to a specific ingredient, but I did some research and it seems like the burning is a common experience when using Balea's Cream&Honey Exfoliating Face Treatment. This face product has a strong honey scent that smells really familiar, but I'm not sure why.
Not a fan of Balea's Exfoliating Face Treatment. The results I get from this mask are decent, it seems to be both firming and softening, but it just isn't worth the awful, painful burning. I can only keep this mask on for half the recommended time, so I can't get the full effect from it. I do not recommend Balea's Cream&Honey Exfoliating Face Treatment, it is highly irritating. I think I'll be sticking to Freeman masks for the time being.


Ingredients:
Water, Bentonite, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Pumice, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG 100 Sterate, Glycerin, Cocoa Seed Butter, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Horse Chestnut Extract, Jasmine Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Maltodextrin Glucose, Mel, Aloe, Vanilla Extract, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance, CI 77891, CI 14700, CI 19140 

1 comment