August Ipsy Bag - Glamour Academy




 I just got my August Ipsy Bag in the mail and I'm happy to say that I got pretty much everything I wanted! Shipping took forever again, 7 days from tracking code to deliver. This month Ipsy partnered with ten brands: Urban Decay, Michael Todd, Pixi, Mica Beauty, Smashbox, Chella, NYX, City Color, Nailtini, Pacifica, and Noya. Each subscriber received a mix of 5 products, selected for them with Ipsy's ipsyMatch program.  If you aren't familiar with Ipsy, you can read about it in my article here. To sum it up though, Ipsy is a subscription service that costs $10/month, for 4-5 deluxe sample or full size beauty products. Click through to see what I got.

 Lime Crime Nail Polish - Crema de Limon- Full Size - $8 
The first item I received is a bonus item for referring two new subscribers. Thank you to the two girls that subscribed via my affiliated link! I really appreciate it, especially because I've been curious about Lime Crime for a while! 
Mica Beauty Shimmer Powder - Bronze - full size - $14.95
This is a beautiful bronze pigment. Ipsy sent this product out in a different shade back in April and I was disappointed to not receive it. I'm very glad to have gotten the Bronze shade though, its pretty similar to Urban Decay's Chopper. This was one of the six option products this month. Mica Beauty is cruelty free. I've had great luck with their gel eyeliner, so I look forward to using this mineral shadow.
The Claims:
MicaBeauty Mineral Eyeshadows are extremely gentle, free of preservatives, chemicals, dyes, talc, oils, and other fillers. With this unique formula, the eyeshadows will look ultra smooth and stay put for hours without creasing or pulling the delicate eye area. Can be mixed with clear lip-gloss, clear mascara, and clear nail polish to add pigment to lips, eyelashes and nails! 

The Offer:
25% off any purchase at micabeauty.com with code IPSY25


 Michael Todd Pumpkin Nutrient Rich Facial Mask - 1 oz sample (full size 3.4 oz) - $10 ($34 full size)

All Ipsy subscribers received this mask or the Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Scrub. I didn't care either way which one I received. I love scrubs, I love masks, I love skincare in general. I've heard a lot about Michael Todd products from YouTube beauty gurus, FleurDeForce in particular. I have one complaint about this mask though, it smells exactly like pumpkin, a scent that really turns my stomach. Hopefully I learn to get past it.

The Claims:
The Pumpkin Nutrient-Rich Facial Mask is a nutrient rich mask that is blended with Pumpkin and Glycolic Acid. This rejuvinating facial treatment removes dead skin, impurities and toxins, moisturizes and firms, improves elasticity and pliability of the skin, unclogs pores allowing skin to breathe and facilitates movement of skin oils. Adds brightness and radiance to the skin and significantly improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. 

The Offer:
30% off any purchase at michaeltoddtrueorganics.com with code AUGIPSY

 Pixi Lash Booster Mascara  - Deluxe Sample - $7.14 (full size $17)

Very excited for this product, I enjoy Pixi products and I'm completely obsessed with mascaras. This sample is little, and the brush is pretty big! I've only used Pixi's face products, so I'm excited to use an eye product now. All Ipsy subscribers received this mascara this month. 

The Claims:
This unique mascara truly boosts your lashes, giving them a "push-up" effect that lasts all day. The dense, rich formula coats lashes with maximum pigment, for long-lasting full color and the cone-shaped brush coats each lash evenly. Long lasting, smudge-free and waterproof.

The Offer:
20% off any purchase at pixibeauty.com with code PIXI+IPSY
 Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Prime - Sample - $9. (full size $36)

This is the product that excited me the most. Yinz know I love to try face primers, and this is one of them most popular ones on the market. Photo Finish is extremely smooth and I really can't wait to work with it! This is my first experience with Smashbox products. This is another one of the six optional products this month. 


The Claims:
Always be photo ready with the Photo Finish Foundation Primer! This primer creates the perfect canvas for makeup application and helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores. Velvety-smooth, even finish. Oil-free. 

The Offer:
Free Full Sized Full Exposure Mascara with any Full Sized Photo Finish Primer at smashbox.com with code IPSY

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in 69 - Sample - $9.78 (Full size $22)

Almost equally exciting to the Photo Finish primer is a sample of Urban Decay's recently launched Revolution Lipstick in the shade 69. This shade is a bright pinky red, and the sample sized tube is kinda presh. Ipsy also sent out the shade Anarchy, which is a bright magenta (I think?). Revolution Lipsticks were another either/or product in August, some subscribers received a Noya lip balm instead of this product.

The Claims:
Urban Decay's Pigment Infusion System™ delivers insane color payoff with creamy shine, Maxi-Lip™ plumps and nourishing oils leave lips cushiony soft. Get the color you crave. Addictive to apply (and even more addictive to wear), this creamy formula glides on without dragging or skipping, hugs every curve and gives you a BIG laydown of color. There's a wide range of colors - from gorgeous nudes to bold brights, there’s something for everyone. Our luxe, custom-designed gunmetal tube (lined in dark purple) features organically shaped facets that practically beg to be touched. You’ll want to keep pulling it out of your bag—whether it’s time to reapply or not. 


The Offer:
Free Shipping with any Revolution Lipstick purchase at urbandecay.com with code IPSY


Total Value of bag:
$58.88

Great value! I'm extremely pleased with this month's bag, this is my favorite bag in months actually. I'll be bring all of these with me on my upcoming trip to Australia. I won't be posting about my September and October bags on time, seeing as I'll be away. Here's to hoping they're good bags! What did you receive in your August Ipsy Bag? Comment and tell me. 





PS. Benefit and Ipsy have teamed up to throw a Lash Bash party in the homes of 1000 lucky Ipsy subscribers! Go to lashbash.ipsy.com to enter to win! I'm so jelly that I can't participate in this! =(


This post contains affiliated links. 

Leave a Comment

  1. I got the same bag, It's definitely the best bag I've ever received!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I wouldn't call it the best bag that I've received, but its probably in the top three or four!

      Delete
  2. Wow i need to sign up for an ipsy bag :) great post.

    Www.muslimahluvsmakeup.blogspot.com or muslimahluvsmakeup on bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I hope you enjoy ipsy if you subscribe =D

      Delete
  3. I'm so jealous of your bag! I got the Michael Todd pumpkin mask and the Pixi booster mascara, the other 2 products I got are Pacifica BB cream and a lip balm. Would LOVE to try the UD's lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you didn't get the products you wanted =( I hope you enjoy what you did receive though. I kinda want to try the Pacifica BB Cream.

      Delete
  4. I got the charcoal scrub, which I love! I also got the lipstick in Anarchy, which is the prettiest fuchsia! Super happy with my bag this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'd just seen your post! I'm glad you love your bag.

      Delete
  5. I got the BB cream, NOYA lip balm, pixi mascara, the facial scrub, and an NYX powder blush in Copper..

    I pretty much like everything except the copper blush.

    I can't wear copper blush ;P I will use it as a highlighter/bronzer.

    I'll make a blog post about my bag probably tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds nice, I'm glad you like your bag.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...