Yaby Sand Dune Eyeshadow Review




 Yaby says their "highly pigmented eyeshadows are easy to work with. The smooth texture allows blending with ease. Use dry or wet to achieve anything from a veil of color to a dramatic statement. Color stays true in video and photography." Yaby offers a total of eighty shades. I received two mini Yaby eyeshadows in my March Ipsy Bag. The full size of these shadows is a massive value - each pan contains 3 grams (twice the size of a MAC eyeshadow for size reference) and sell for just $3.15. These eyeshadows are vegan friendly. Yaby products can be purchased through the brand's website, and through a handful of retailers that cater to professional makeup artists. Yaby does not test on animals. This brand is based in Canada, but their products are made in England.

 Yaby eyeshadows are sold in pan form or in pre-set palettes. Liz Yu, the creative mind behind Yaby, is very concerned about the waste created by discarded cosmetic packaging, as well as the organization of crowded pro-kits and traincases. Yaby's eyeshadows come in "heavy duty metal pans designed to be sturdy and not easily warped." These pans fit into any magnetized palette, or Yaby's 40 Well palette. These pans come packaged in plastic clamshells, which Liz Yu and Yaby encourage you to reuse for mixing purposes.
 As I mentioned for my review for Yaby's So Vein eyeshadow, I wasn't initially impressed by Yaby's eyeshadows. You know those eyeshadows that swatch poorly but are good when used on the eye? That's Yaby's eyeshadows in a nutshell. The texture of Sand Dune is velvety and lovely to work with. This eyeshadow produces zero fallout. Sand Dune blends beautifully, so much so that its become one of my staple shades for the crease. Unlike So Vein, Sand Dune doesn't score well in the wear department. This eyeshadow creases pretty significantly after about five hours of wear over a primer. The color that's left over after creasing is fairly faded.
 Sand Dune isn't a very pretty shade, but it's a very useful one. I guess if I wanted to get all fancy, I'd call Sand Dune an ecru shade. This shade is somewhere between a tan and beige with a strong yellow tone. Sand Dune has a flat matte finish. Pigmentation is light but buildable. This is a really great basic color, especially for those with fair skin. Sand Dune looks great both all over the lids, or just in the crease. Plus, its great for blending out the edges of any look. Yes, Sand Dune is plain, but it serves an important purpose.
I'm not head over heels for Yaby's Sand Dune, at least not the way I am for So Vein. Its hard to go crazy for a beige/tan eyeshadow, but I do love how functional this shade is. This eyeshadow is really easy to work with an the color and finish are so useful. I really wish the wear was better. I'm surprised it isn't honestly. Maybe I can blame the weather, it's been hot and humid here lately. The value of this eyeshadow is fabulous, and I think I could consider looking into buying some Yaby shadows in the future (not that I need more eyeshadows). Check out this brand, I'm pleased with their products so far! 



Ingredients:
Talc, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT.

May Contain:
Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Chromium Oxide Greens, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.


this post contains an affiliated link/referral code. 

Leave a Comment

  1. Yaby was really highly recommended by a MUA blogger that I follow.. So Vein is a beautiful color, but I think i'll pass on Sand Dune, seeing how yellow-toned it is :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Australian currency is the best for size comparisons :3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...